Sign in to follow this  

Boise dining establishments

I am going to a wedding in Boise this weekend with my wife, and as it's close to our anniversary I was hoping to find a nice restaurant for Saturday evening. It doesn't have to be expensive or overly fancy, but a good non-chain (eat local!) type place. Also looking for a decent breakfast spot for Sunday morning. Well, brunch as she likes to sleep in (I'm out the door for a long run and back before she sees the light of day).

Any ethnicity for food. I like challenging flavors, she's a little experimental as long as it gets good reviews.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

1 hour ago, pscook said:

I am going to a wedding in Boise this weekend with my wife, and as it's close to our anniversary I was hoping to find a nice restaurant for Saturday evening. It doesn't have to be expensive or overly fancy, but a good non-chain (eat local!) type place. Also looking for a decent breakfast spot for Sunday morning. Well, brunch as she likes to sleep in (I'm out the door for a long run and back before she sees the light of day).

Any ethnicity for food. I like challenging flavors, she's a little experimental as long as it gets good reviews.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Go downtown to the Basque section....world renowned for their food, and Boise has a good downtown nightlife.

https://www.thebasqueblock.com/

Learn about the worlds oldest community and language

Edited by Slackkinhard

If you're downtown, you have a lot of options.

Basque block is definitely a good spot.  Bar Grenika in particular.

Goldy's for breakfast (right around the corner from the Basque block).

5 hours ago, Mudd94 said:

If you're downtown, you have a lot of options.

Basque block is definitely a good spot.  Bar Grenika in particular.

Goldy's for breakfast (right around the corner from the Basque block).

Goldy's looks good, in spite of their atrocious website. But reviews are favorable, thanks for the reco.

Bar Gernika looks pretty good as well. Not too far from our hotel (well, it's Boise, everything's pretty close... 🙂 )

Edited by pscook