Sign in to follow this  

Is this exhaust flange circled in red required on the xr only header?

Is this exhaust flange circled in red required on the xr only xr200r stainless header?

flange.png

Edited by wazzabie

Yes they are (#2 in attached). That is the Honda way to hold the header against the head, you also should replace the "O" ring brass/copper gasket (#3) in the head if changing to a different header, muffler/mid, or head.

KT04F1500A.gif

Part #3 (the brass ring) should that be between:

1. The head exhaust port and part #2 the two exhaust collars

OR

2. The exhaust header and part #2 the two exhaust collars

I have several issues with the two collar pieces.  Maybe I'm not doing this correctly.

collar2.png

collar1.png

Edited by wazzabie

There is a collar welded onto the engine end of the header and it fits against the brass/copper crush ring. The split collars(#2)  push against the collar on the header.  The part fiche is backwards regarding #2, the large ring parts go against #1 and the small part against the header collar.

KT04F1500A.gif

Hi Chuck - I may be mistaken but I think the xr only header pipe is not suppose to use the split collars #2.  I have pictured below on top the stock exhaust header which I have resting on the pipe one of the split collars.  The yellow length of the flange with the collar is the same as the length of the flange on the xr only pipe with no collar.

pipes.png

I was able to get a crush of the brass ring with no split collar #2 when installing the xr only header that has the longer flange shown in yellow above.

crush.png

1 minute ago, Chuck. said:

Sorry, I was focused on the stock pipe.  XRsOnly has a different #1 and fits as you have shown.

Ok no worries.  With the XRsOnly header pipe I will not use the split collar #2.