Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a carb.

If you want some nice improvement to the bike, skip the Keihin and upgrade to the Lectron 36HV. Also get the head milled out by RB Designs for higher compression. Those two mods together will make the engine really scream. 

23 minutes ago, Suzy America said:

If you want some nice improvement to the bike, skip the Keihin and upgrade to the Lectron 36HV. Also get the head milled out by RB Designs for higher compression. Those two mods together will make the engine really scream. 

Upgrade and Lectron are not compatible.

When did you ever try a 36mm Keihin BTW?

On 8/28/2019 at 6:05 PM, turbo dan said:

Upgrade and Lectron are not compatible.

When did you ever try a 36mm Keihin BTW?

Call me up next time you're passing through Oregon .. ride the bike yourself .. you will see what I mean. Ask my friends who rode it before/after. Etc etc. 

The Lectron 36HV carb necks down to 32.5mm at the throat .. I talked with the Lectron people about wanting to maintain the narrow carb diameter for which the KDX220's porting is designed. They make a line of necked-down higher-velocity carbs just for little bikes that were designed for smaller carbs to make low-end torque. All good 🙂

Edited by Suzy America
clarification

I wish I could extend the same offer to you but my KDX was sold some time ago.  I can offer some below average quality video documentation though:

I've ridden bikes with a Lectron.  They do run, just not as well as a TMX or PWK. 

• Like 1