mick34

Monster cup Alessi on yz325

42 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

On short starts a 250 2T can easily get a holeshot over a 450 in the amateur ranks.  A long start or uphill then you'll need plenty of stars aligned.

450f is approaching 500 2T numbers now, but no development had been done on the 500 since the 80s.

BRC 500

4 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I'd smash that exhaust pipe riding through a parking lot, holy hell.  

Yeah coming up with mounts that would allow it to grow enough in length at temperature was problematic.  So much pipe curled around!  I ended up with Honda mounts up front and getting rid of all the mounts in the rear and letting the slip joint into the silencer do the work.

2 hours ago, mxaniac said:

On short starts a 250 2T can easily get a holeshot over a 450 in the amateur ranks.  A long start or uphill then you'll need plenty of stars aligned.

450f is approaching 500 2T numbers now, but no development had been done on the 500 since the 80s.

1 hour ago, MANIAC998 said:

BRC 500

This. The 450s are close on HP but waaaay down on torque.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I'd smash that exhaust pipe riding through a parking lot, holy hell.  

Kickstarter wouldn't feel very awesome digging into my knee either.

KX500 isn't really that scary, they deliver lots of torque and have a really wide power band.  The biggest negative is that first gear is typically pretty tall so you aren't on your ass the instant you crack the throttle, so the tight stuff is a bit tricky to manage.  You just need to be cognizant that the throttle isn't a binary input.

Edited by mxaniac

On a side note, I didn't see MA 800 on the entry list for RBSR.  I'll ask him if he's going to do it and see what he says.  

5 minutes ago, Z O SICK said:

On a side note, I didn't see MA 800 on the entry list for RBSR.  I'll ask him if he's going to do it and see what he says.  

He used to do a holeshot challenge at our local track.  I almost did it one night on my 500 but his timing off the gate is so incredible I didn't think a top fuel dragster would be enough to make up the handicap.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

He used to do a holeshot challenge at our local track.  I almost did it one night on my 500 but his timing off the gate is so incredible I didn't think a top fuel dragster would be enough to make up the handicap.

He probably has thousands of hours practicing starts.  It's literlly muscle memory with him.  He's actually a pretty down to earth guy.    

22 hours ago, Z O SICK said:

He probably has thousands of hours practicing starts.  It's literlly muscle memory with him.  He's actually a pretty down to earth guy.    

Maybe he should spend some of those hours practicing getting to the checkered flag first and remembering that instead of looking back on the second/third lap and moving over to let the parade go by.

Edited by Piney Woods
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

Maybe he should spend some of those hours practicing getting to the checkered flag first and remembering that instead of looking back on the second/third lap and moving over to let the parade go by.

Proof that startocross is a myth lol.  Some believe that all you need is a start to win in SX lol.  SX wasn't as easy for MA but he was still was decent none the less.  If my stats are correct, he has as many 450 SX championships at ET3 lol.  ET3 should get lessons on how to start from MA 800 lol.    

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

31 minutes ago, Z O SICK said:

ET3 should get lessons on how to start from MA 800 lol.    

If Tomac had done that in the past, he'd already have a 450 SX title.

1 hour ago, Z O SICK said:

Proof that startocross is a myth lol. 

It's a coincidence that the greatest holeshot artist in SX history also has the most wins and championships?

Alessi is an aberration.  He sucked hard in SX whoops and was clearly better at MX.

I think this is total rubbish about starts ,I've seen tons of passing in sx , reed often had good starts and still went backwards ( as he got older )

• Like 1