mick34

Monster cup Alessi on yz325

1 hour ago, lowmass said:

This is by far the most interesting thing I have heard all year. Not an Alessi fan BUT I love it that someone is going to field a larger displacement 2t in a pro MX event.

I just wish someone more competitive was on this bike. 

seriously its my dream to see the manufactures and the bureaucracy get embarrassed. He cant win BUT he can pull a giant holeshot

Agree.  Not an Alessi fan at all, but this will make it interesting to watch a guy who is otherwise uninteresting to watch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2strokenut said:

That ESR kit is junk. It's a steel sleeve cylinder and a mildly tuned KTM 300 makes more power. He still may pull a holeshot.

I got a 345 kit for my yz and it pulls away from any 450.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

I've never been to this race, but watch it every year.  I'm half tempted to go this year.

Been to it a couple of times, I like it better than the finals of Supercross, I think it is much more fun and the Joker lane is fun to watch people forget about.

• Like 1

I do not like Alessi one bit but I would love to see a 2T mixed in with the thumpers.  Interesting that the FIM would allow a 325cc, last thing I heard was 250cc 2T is considered the equivalent to 450 4T.  Can't wait to see what happens!

5 minutes ago, Dodging_roost said:

Been to it a couple of times, I like it better than the finals of Supercross, I think it is much more fun and the Joker lane is fun to watch people forget about.

LLOL HAHAHA 
Dungey was recently reminded about his missed Joker Lane, and he joked back about it with the announcers.  He is still a good sport about it.  Miss that dude.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ah665 said:

I like Alessi. Unpopular opinion, perhaps, but I think he is cool. If this ends up being true, I think that is awesome.

I was at a Monster Mountain Race in late 2018. Mike was there. One other rider was as fast as Mike for ONE LAP maybe TWO. He ate the field alive. Half to 3/4 a lap ahead of the field. The kids at the track were in awe of Mike. He has his traveling friends surrounding him like some sort of click. I always thought PRO SX and MX were sort of muscular and on the beefy side. Mike looks like a skinny runt to me. Talented beyond the rest of the field by far, like I mentioned one other rider could stay with him for one or two laps, most of the time two or three turns. In my opinion Mike is a Professional HAS-BEEN but at the same time he was fun to watch, got boring as H3LL too to say the least. I believe he was there to take all the money for the top position. His so called groupies were thrilled to be around him, hovering is more like it. Kind of like being near a rock-star I guess, maybe the President "even though" some people don't or didn't care for Obama they were thrilled to be in the same room as the guy.

I stood 15 feet away from Mike eating watermelon. I spit my seeds at him. They stuck to his helmet and some made their way on his groupies jersey's and helmets. The people around me were laughing at their Dumbasses. One of my friends is an Old School MX fan, he came up to me and corrected my attitude. Only because he is my friend is why I didn't tell him to F8888K Off.

Do I hate Mike, NO.

Do I dislike Mike, Yes... only because of his father mostly and how he guided Mike to be a dirty rider. His dad "in my opinion" still kisses the higher ups in the Industry... (Ass).

I respect your opinion about Mike and anyone else who thinks he is the deserved person to receive my Race-Day Placard in the picture below:1897657330_MANCAVE--SHOPTROPHY.JPG.258e7d584ea2cdddf592c3f984d92003.JPG   

4 hours ago, redrider144 said:

darth-empire-1_1747880c.jpg

You don't know the power of the BLUE side!

I finally got a good laugh on this topic.... thanks keep the humor coming.... cornier the better....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KnotAPro said:

I was at a Monster Mountain Race in late 2018. Mike was there. One other rider was as fast as Mike for ONE LAP maybe TWO. He ate the field alive. Half to 3/4 a lap ahead of the field. The kids at the track were in awe of Mike. He has his traveling friends surrounding him like some sort of click. I always thought PRO SX and MX were sort of muscular and on the beefy side. Mike looks like a skinny runt to me. Talented beyond the rest of the field by far, like I mentioned one other rider could stay with him for one or two laps, most of the time two or three turns. In my opinion Mike is a Professional HAS-BEEN but at the same time he was fun to watch, got boring as H3LL too to say the least. I believe he was there to take all the money for the top position. His so called groupies were thrilled to be around him, hovering is more like it. Kind of like being near a rock-star I guess, maybe the President "even though" some people don't or didn't care for Obama they were thrilled to be in the same room as the guy.

I stood 15 feet away from Mike eating watermelon. I spit my seeds at him. They stuck to his helmet and some made their way on his groupies jersey's and helmets. The people around me were laughing at their Dumbasses. One of my friends is an Old School MX fan, he came up to me and corrected my attitude. Only because he is my friend is why I didn't tell him to F8888K Off.

Do I hate Mike, NO.

Do I dislike Mike, Yes... only because of his father mostly and how he guided Mike to be a dirty rider. His dad "in my opinion" still kisses the higher ups in the Industry... (Ass).

I respect your opinion about Mike and anyone else who thinks he is the deserved person to receive my Race-Day Placard in the picture below:1897657330_MANCAVE--SHOPTROPHY.JPG.258e7d584ea2cdddf592c3f984d92003.JPG   

Tony doesn't and has never kissed anyone's ass. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

That race where Alessi beat Dungey at Washougal was a pretty darn good race. Back when they had the big jump.

Edited by mrdsee
  • Like 2

Interesting. I am true blue two stroke guy, what i grew up with as did  my son whom raced from age 3. He was a year or so younger than Mike and Jeff Alessi and we would see them at all the California races as well as our local practice tracks and big events like World mini's etc. The father is the problem inmo, he was never nice helpful like everyone else in the pits. He living his dream through his kids and in my opinion a real azz. He did dedicate his life to the kids and then especially Mike, who has had a good career in Mx and Sx. Its a seriously tough gig as we well know. His brother didnt have the same fortune. But he was as well very fast. Well both boys were very fast. Has been interesting to see them well Mike progress over all these years. My son had some injury that took him out of the sport for almost a year and then coming back stepping up from 80's to 125's we were behind the eightball so we called it a day and only race some races here and there for fun ever since.  

I am interested in seeing Mike on the two stroke. I hope he will be able to get it sorted and be able to run up front. Good reason to watch the cup. : )

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dodging_roost said:

Plus Vegas is always a fun place to be anyway :ride:

1 minute ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Plus Vegas is always a fun place to be anyway :ride:

sin city. : )))

4 hours ago, lowmass said:

yes! I want to see an upset!

Yeah.  Would be amazing to see a 2T spank a field of 450s.

3 hours ago, crundlelicker69 said:

I got a 345 kit for my yz and it pulls away from any 450.

Heck, my 2000 YZ250 with a 6mm over bore (295ccs) would do that. Eric Gorr porting at its best. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnotAPro said:

Do I hate Mike, NO.

Jean Michel Bayle was built just like Alessi. He was the fastest man on the planet on a factory CR500 in his era. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

If Mike can get it to hook up off gate Im sure it can lead the 450s to first turn

IMO around 300-370cc is about right for a 2t.  500 crank shaft is just too big

Would absolutely love to see Mike do well but suspect best he can do is get a bunch of great starts, maybe lead a lap or so

Thats enough to get the hive stirred

Edited by lowmass
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lowmass said:

If Mike can get it hook up off gate Im sure it can lead the 450 to first turn

IF

No doubt.  Then the only decision left is where to toss out the anchor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Stick around long enough and maybe get appreciated. I was disgusted with Alessi years ago with his antics battling Tedesco and Langston. Then the laser pointer incident with his brother. But I guess through sticking it out and racing in Canada I guess I finally appreciate that he is still racing....maybe I would forgive Jason Lawrence for being a jerk by now if he tried racing again. What the hell. Go for it Mikey!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If Alessi still has some magic left in him, he can get to the first turn 1st.  He was able to holeshot 450Fs on a 350F back in the day.

Edited by redrider144