mick34

Monster cup Alessi on yz325

ive watch his starts many times. Often he seems to be a split second faster at reaction time than rest of field. 

Eather he has freak response time or just very good at timing gate. But logically timing gate  seems rediculous with his consistency

2 minutes ago, lowmass said:

ive watch his starts many times. Often he seems to be a split second faster at reaction time than rest of field. 

Eather he has freak response time or just very good at timing gate. But logically timing gate  seems rediculous with his consistency

I think that was one of the things his dad got him to practice on repeatedly.  Good starts are half the battle.

• Like 1

I dont care if the esr 325 is suppose to be  junk or not, you put any pro on it that can place a top 10 in a national and it will be fast, not a 450 by any means but still kinda of cool to see

Posted (edited)

yea Outer maybe just a boat load of practice? I used to be pretty bad at starts. A few years back I decided enough and started practicing starts before and after each practice. Went through a crate of clutch plates BUT I now get hole shots consistently.

Edited by lowmass
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, lowmass said:

Combination of:

• He's small & light even amongst MX racers
  • Great reaction time
  • Up shifts early instead of trying to rev to the moon
  • Shitload of practice
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, m78val said:

I dont care if the esr 325 is suppose to be  junk or not, you put any pro on it that can place a top 10 in a national and it will be fast, not a 450 by any means but still kinda of cool to see

Alessi can't do top 10 in a national.  If 450 mounted, my guess would be 10-15 for him.  Have no clue if he's on a 2-stroke.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, lowmass said:

ha I dont care if its 3 loads of junk, I still wana see someone take a bat to the hornets nest

The only bat here will be the little one between Mikey Tuff Blocks legs...

Edited by Chaconne

if you want to see tech for two strokes checkout outboard motors. they have one that has no maintenance needed for first four years. and it sipps  fuel..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have 2017 evinrude etec outboard motor and its a thirsty mofocker. Though it is pushing a 24ft pontoon boat usually loaded up with 8 to 12 people.

Outboards arent anywhere near as high strung or light as mx bike motors but the do spend much of their lives at max rpm.

Edited by Zinergy

I think that theya re bombardier HPDI high pressure direct injection motors.  I also now some of those spark plugs sell for 70.00

4 hours ago, Biteme- said:

my son whom raced from age 3. He was a year or so younger than Mike and Jeff Alessi and we would see them at all the California races

Also my son who was racing at that time (mostly flat trk , TT and Hare Scrambles)n we would also see them. A buddy of mine pointed Mike out n said this is a kid to watch n see him go places. I also thought their dad was a ponpous arsk. I did like n root for Mike n Jeff for a few years after that ,but now I only want to root for that 325Yz .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2strokenut said:

That ESR kit is junk. It's a steel sleeve cylinder and a mildly tuned KTM 300 makes more power. He still may pull a holeshot.

Do we have a link to see who they are n what they got

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, 2strokenut said:

That ESR kit is junk. It's a steel sleeve cylinder and a mildly tuned KTM 300 makes more power. He still may pull a holeshot.

How many ESR kits that you had, that have failed you?  I put a non-PV 310 kit on my '86 TRX-250R in 2008, and it's still there, and the thing is just a duner that sees about 150~200 hours a year.  Changed the piston once, didn't even need to.  Thought it would be a good idea, pulled it all apart in 2013 - piston was fine.  Since I had it apart, checked the jug - no out of round, no taper - needed gaskets at this point, so I just put a fresh (same sized) piston in it.

The ESR stuff is legit, and it has been for decades.  You don't need "new tech" to have a badass 2t - my rig is 33 years old.

P1080240.JPG.e7ff71b9f85414be977e83bec9b6d76d.JPG

P1080242.JPG.f1c8f055fce69f2e17f8e68f2af0d564.JPG

Eddie Sanders has a teaser page on his website for the 1985~2001 CR500.

https://www.eddie-sanders-racing.com/category-s/165.htm

As soon as he releases that top end, it's going on my '98 CR500.  I've been waiting for awhile...   Bashing the company for an iron liner isn't the way to go - it's a proven setup, worked for decades of racing.  ESR has been in this game for a long time, and if Alessi can pull that at Monster Cup, but has issues, it won't be the top end failing him.  I just wish he was on the previous ESR 345 instead of the 325... 

Edited by NormalZ
  • Like 4

If Mike can get it to hook up off gate Im sure it can lead the 450s to first turn
IMO around 300-370cc is about right for a 2t.  500 crank shaft is just too big
Would absolutely love to see Mike do well but suspect best he can do is get a bunch of great starts, maybe lead a lap or so
Thats enough to get the hive stirred
Ktm tried hard with the big 2 stroke bit it never really worked

2 hours ago, rider58 said:

Do we have a link to see who they are n what they got

Eddie Sanders Racing has been around for 25 years...

2 hours ago, mog said:
10 hours ago, lowmass said:
If Mike can get it to hook up off gate Im sure it can lead the 450s to first turn
IMO around 300-370cc is about right for a 2t.  500 crank shaft is just too big
Would absolutely love to see Mike do well but suspect best he can do is get a bunch of great starts, maybe lead a lap or so
Thats enough to get the hive stirred

Ktm tried hard with the big 2 stroke bit it never really worked

Try it again using modern technology, like BRC has. I think sales would be incredible.

4 hours ago, mog said:

KTM tried hard with the big 2 stroke but it never really worked

I don't think they tried that hard.

• Like 1

They made a few sizes and had factory bikes