masterblaster

Will be getting the first 2020 KTM 500 XCF - W in my part of Texas.

Its funny you mention that Masterblaster. I'm waiting for my bike to arrive at the dealer since I ordered a six days model but they already received multiple 2020 500 EXC-Fs and they said the new sensor in the exhaust has these bikes running much better than previous years. They told me a lot of people will be happy on how it runs stock.  I'll see when I get mine, but this isn't the first time I'm hearing the 2020's run a lot better. 

• Like 2

Seems the W's are being held in Virginia until they get it through that shithoile California Carb approval. I wish the companies would just stop selling new vehicles i Cali and make good vehicles for the 49 other states that are not nuts.

Just now, masterblaster said:

Seems the W's are being held in Virginia until they get it through that shithoile California Carb approval. I wish the companies would just stop selling new vehicles i Cali and make good vehicles for the 49 other states that are not nuts.

There is a possibility that our current MAGA/KAG administration may have the cajones to shut CARB down.   They can do it by not giving them the waiver they operate under.   I ordered a CA Six Days only because I wanted the orange frame.   I had no idea my preferred bike, XC-W would be held up but I am not surprised.   CARB sucks so bad I bought a home in Yuma, AZ so that I can plate XC-W and XCF-W bikes.  I will probably transfer title on my Six Days after a year.   I sure hope the dealer gets it soon.....

I am not thinking CARB should be shut, I go to LA over a period of 40 years enough I noticed the good they have done, I just want them to pay for their insanity without hurting the rest of the country.

Dam I just said something almost nice about California.

Just now, masterblaster said:

I am not thinking CARB should be shut, I go to LA over a period of 40 years enough I noticed the good they have done, I just want them to pay for their insanity without hurting the rest of the country.

Dam I just said something almost nice about California.

They did some good but now that they have gone full commie, they need to go.

• Like 2

I’m new to the forum and I’ve been waiting for the XCF-W or FE501 also. All the dealers around here in Colorado have the street legal 500’s.  I’m holding out for the non-street legal and have it plated. I would totally get the exc if it had the traction control or it could be added but my sources tell me it can’t be done. Weird because it’s the same bike. 

Im hold tuff! 

I have a 300 tpi and a 500 excf, both 2019s. The 500 is de smogged and re mapped and is damned near perfect! I like it much better than my ‘17 350. More power, better power curve and more lugability. It was damned near perfect in every way......until I got the 300.
Now I realize that in the really tight stuff it is less perfect than the 300, but still great. It’s just different.
The top end on the 300 sucks but that’s where the 500 comes in.
They are two different tools for this tool ? and I think I have the perfect combo...for now.

• Like 1

Went to the dealer a couple days ago and they said they got an email that day saying the XCF-W 500 will not be in the dealer until December.  Not sure why, still waiting

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:15 PM, masterblaster said:

Sad news gents, I picked up the 2020 500 EXC-F instead of the W. After 20 miles I ot to say not one bit of choking, the dam this is the Iike my last two EXC Fs should have been.

Its a transformation year for the EXC F's

does it still have reeds in the intake tract?  

My dealer, Orange County KTM just emailed me the expected delivery date of my 2020 500 Six Days.   Although promised in Sep. it now looks like an early Oct arrival.  Ofcourse, I will be on a 8 day trip with the GF about the time it shows.   Doh!      I emailed him and told him to up the deposit if he wants, currently $500.   He just said he would keep me updated on when he gets it.   Dam, I want this bike!