aminem

motocross can a 85cc pro rider compete in both 85 and 250

We had a 15 years old rider whom compete in 85cc national championship, this rider had his first pro-250 national race,  he yard the field and won his first 250 race, but unfortunately they removed him from race and top of the podium.

.both 85cc and 250-450 cc races were in the same day/event .

My question :  1. can a rider race in both categories ? 2.dose it considered different events although they scheduled in the same day ?

op is in Sweden... what does the rule book say?

Edited by DEMI
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 12:04 AM, aminem said:

We had a 15 years old rider whom compete in 85cc national championship, this rider had his first pro-250 national race,  he yard the field and won his first 250 race, but unfortunately they removed him from race and top of the podium.

.both 85cc and 250-450 cc races were in the same day/event .

My question :  1. can a rider race in both categories ? 2.dose it considered different events although they scheduled in the same day ?

This should have been discussed before any racing happened. Kid that fast should be surrounded by people that should know. 

• Like 5

It depends on the rules.  I don't see why not though.  As long as the kid rides two different bikes and is not a pro, no reason why he/she can't race different classes.  If it's a non sanctioned event, you can almost do what you want.  Our local track lets my son race his 65cc againsts the 85cc-150cc class.  I think it's cool to see a little guy run up front with older and bigger bikes.  However, other track follow the AMA rules and that's not allowed.  The AMA will allow a kid a foot taller and older to ride against kids who are much smaller and youger because of a birthday looppole.  My son rides with all sized bikes during practice, seem kinda odd that he's only allowed to race again the same size bike.  However, those are the rules and it is what it is. 

• Like 1

In most cases, no an 85 rider cannot race 250 pro. Now if he turned pro and raced 250s, he’d be fine. Our local track has three really fast 85 riders, they have raced the 250 pro class on their super minis before and took no purse money. 

Other fast 85 riders do the same or they ride 250 school boy depending on what the local riders and track  allow 

• Like 1

I agree. I am under the assumption that in most racing sanctions you are either a pro or you aren't. So an 85 racer can't race a pro class. And if he turns pro to race a 250, then he cannot go back and race in the 85 class. Most fast 85 racers race the 85 classes and school boy. Many times fast 85 racers (who have A/pro speed) can win School boy on their 85, against the bigger bikes. And that is a  fast class. I would think most racing rule books would make it clear that a 'pro' can't bounce back and forth. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 1:52 AM, WALKINGWOUNDED said:

Was this an A.M.A. event, or local event with local rules?

local event with local rules . they try to have International or at least adopt to it. 

On 9/2/2019 at 8:40 PM, DEMI said:

op is in Sweden... what does the rule book say?

sry i forgot to mention it was in IRAN not Sweden

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 9:06 PM, 777654321 said:

This should have been discussed before any racing happened. Kid that fast should be surrounded by people that should know. 

unfortunately they are doing strange things !?? they let him race and then No podium. 

1 minute ago, aminem said:

local event with local rules . they try to have International or at least adopt to it. 

sry i forgot to mention it was in IRAN not Sweden

MX in Iran? That sounds interesting...pix? Anyway, local rules are ripe for interpretation I'd imagine.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 5:34 PM, Z O SICK said:

It depends on the rules.  I don't see why not though.  As long as the kid rides two different bikes and is not a pro, no reason why he/she can't race different classes.  If it's a non sanctioned event, you can almost do what you want.  Our local track lets my son race his 65cc againsts the 85cc-150cc class.  I think it's cool to see a little guy run up front with older and bigger bikes.  However, other track follow the AMA rules and that's not allowed.  The AMA will allow a kid a foot taller and older to ride against kids who are much smaller and youger because of a birthday looppole.  My son rides with all sized bikes during practice, seem kinda odd that he's only allowed to race again the same size bike.  However, those are the rules and it is what it is. 

lets say like this !!? for your national races . dose AMA put 85 and 250 races the same day !? 2 . are kidds allow to race both !?

On 9/6/2019 at 2:07 PM, GBowman said:

In most cases, no an 85 rider cannot race 250 pro. Now if he turned pro and raced 250s, he’d be fine. Our local track has three really fast 85 riders, they have raced the 250 pro class on their super minis before and took no purse money. 

Other fast 85 riders do the same or they ride 250 school boy depending on what the local riders and track  allow 

unfortunately they dont have these classes . they have 85cc . 250cc and 450cc . and this kid win both races in the same day. first they let him quali and race and second they dont count his result and no podium for him. 

4 minutes ago, DEMI said:

MX in Iran? That sounds interesting...pix? Anyway, local rules are ripe for interpretation I'd imagine.

yep its good that they can do . although they dont get lates equipment and .... . there are lots of Trail rides in IRAN as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, aminem said:

yep its good that they can do . although they dont get lates equipment and .... . there are lots of Trail rides in IRAN as well. 

that is awesome! Would love to learn more of it and the scene, sounds like Turkey to some degree. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DEMI said:

If hes a young kid who realy cares about one race. He will have plenty of time to show his speed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

If hes a young kid who realy cares about one race. He will have plenty of time to show his speed.

right on that.(does that make two times in one day???)

6 minutes ago, DEMI said:

right on that.(does that make two times in one day???)

I'm afraid to post again😄

• Haha 2

On 9/7/2019 at 10:21 PM, 777654321 said:

yes he will . but for a 15 year old it dose matter alot wining their first race and not getting the trophy 

That's unfair them 250 pros having to race, and get beat by, a 85 rider. Total sandbagger. It's not fair!! 

Who makes these rules anyway?