Singletrack In MI

If you’re not used to Mi singletrack, then I suggest you start at something like the Kalkaska Loops in Garyling. I’m not local but I ride there every summer. TomaHawks great but until you get used to banging bars on both sides of the trail at 3/4 throttle it’s rough.

There’s a campground with access to trails and a track near Rose City, but not sure of the name.

23 minutes ago, kxlubber said:

If you’re not used to Mi singletrack, then I suggest you start at something like the Kalkaska Loops in Garyling. I’m not local but I ride there every summer. TomaHawks great but until you get used to banging bars on both sides of the trail at 3/4 throttle it’s rough.

There’s a campground with access to trails and a track near Rose City, but not sure of the name.

Ogemaw sports and trail. They have their own MX track and a good trail system on private property. Plus there's some huge Hill climbs there too.

Edited by 95silverstallion
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 95silverstallion said:
Ya tons of places. What type of riding are you looking for?

Mostly single track tight twisty,Stuff and hills no rutted up Atv stuff. Big riding areas that have long loops/trails
Thanks

Edited by olddude13

On 9/6/2019 at 10:55 AM, Toby259 said:

Let me know when you plan to visit - I might be available as a tour guide and show you some decent stuff that most people don't ride much.  It would depend on your fuel range and if your bike(s) are semi street-legal

Thanks,

As it stands we are shooting for Hatfield McCoy trip First week of Oct, MI may be fall bacK if weather is bad.

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2019 at 6:31 PM, CaptDan said:

To give you an idea of what to expect in Michigan, here's a couple of friends riding the Black Lake trail system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKqzVSadJFg&feature=youtu.be

Nice video!  My buddy is the guy who organized the Bent Wheels Color tour ride which is what I think this video is from.   I'm so bummed I missed it.  I've not ridden up at Black Lake / Bummer's Roost.  

Doc

• Like 1