liberty2701

Which upper body armor

10 hours ago, Center Punch said:

I don't care about the heat so long as I'm relatively comfortable, have a sweat rag to constantly wipe my face while I'm sweating like a pig, and plenty of water.  I ride with a Mother Load CamelBack pack that starts each day with 3 liters of water.

What I don't like is the straps from knee buffs or the constricting nature of the Fox armor, and the heat intensifies that irritation.

So, when I stop for a break, the Fox armor is hung on the handle bars and sometimes the knee buffs come off. ( the straps don't irritate me nearly as much when worn over the pants )

I'll continue to wear the armor and knee buffs OVER my shirt and pants because I can easily remove them and don them again before twisting the throttle for the next leg.

I'll also be laughing at the Rock Stars who think I look funny.  :lol:

:cheers:

Instead of a t-shirt, try a long sleeve compression shirt. It helps wick moisture away from the body (unlike anything cotton), which helps cool you down, and makes getting the armor on and off way easier.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 12:35 PM, jufberg said:

The oob was looking for upper body armor conversation. Seems to have migrated lower

Good thing too.

People may have learned something. :cheers:

19 hours ago, SS109 said:

Instead of a t-shirt, try a long sleeve compression shirt. It helps wick moisture away from the body (unlike anything cotton), which helps cool you down, and makes getting the armor on and off way easier.

I wear my work out shirts underneath the mesh.  They aren't cotton.

I've tried the long sleeved compression shirts you're talking about.  I have too much hair it seems.

Feels real nice when I take off the Fox armor in one easy step and instantly start cooling off.

Thanks for the perspective though. :cheers:

• Like 1