Burger72

Beta2Stroke RK Tech on a 200rr

Has anyone tried an RK Tech head insert on the 200rr yet ? His work is awesome so I would think it would be a great improvement over stock ....... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Burger72 said:

Has anyone tried an RK Tech head insert on the 200rr yet ? His work is awesome so I would think it would be a great improvement over stock ....... 

He mentioned on another thread that guys have em on their 200 rr’s already. No one has posted online here from what I’ve seen so far on their experience of it. Stock is pretty awesome. 

• Like 1

Wonder of they are using the 2013 head shape. Those motors all seem to have a lot better power than later models.

22 hours ago, BassMan said:

Wonder of they are using the 2013 head shape. Those motors all seem to have a lot better power than later models.

Porting is a little different too..but then it’s a 200 too but know what you are talking about as my 300 rr felt different from 2013 to later 300 rr years. 

I’m sure Kels has already told me it’s great and I believe him but he’s also told me he doesn’t have a 200 him self so before I buy one I was just curious to hear from someone who’s got one in there bike first ??

My buddy has one for his 200rr, but has not installed it yet...slacker!  I'm waiting for him to get off his ass and put it on so I can ride our bikes back to back and see the difference.  but at this point I may just have to order one for myself.

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:02 PM, Beta300recat said:

:jawdrop:

There's a debate over in the Husky forum that reports are no fuel gains. It also shows with those motors compression make a bigger difference then the head design i.e. RK. Add another question here, has anyone just raised the compression on the 200?

• Like 1

i will be testing one out, as well as a slightly thinner base gasket (separately), but prob not until winter at this point ... still fighting with the suspension (which is bumming me out big time)

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 5:57 AM, weantright said:

There's a debate over in the Husky forum that reports are no fuel gains.

Say it isn't so!😉

Had @shrubitup been refunded when his head didn't boost fuel economy, I might had considered one. 😏

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Beta300recat said:

Say it isn't so!😉

Had @shrubitup been refunded when his head didn't boost fuel economy, I might had considered one. 😏

It’s a trap! 

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/16/2019 at 1:10 AM, Burger72 said:

I’m sure Kels has already told me it’s great and I believe him but he’s also told me he doesn’t have a 200 him self so before I buy one I was just curious to hear from someone who’s got one in there bike first ??

It’s a guarantee he’s tested what he sells. The other thing is since I see the improvement with his head on my 300 rr . I have confidence in how well his head will work for the 200. Recently I went looking in threads and YouTube etc for anyone who bought and used an RK head on their bike and looked to see who liked and didn’t like the head for better performance. I can’t find any posts yet of anyone who isn’t happy with the improved power. I even made a rk playlist on YouTube looking for someone who wasn’t happy. 

The other thing is nothing is wrong with stock. Stock is great. After a while can add other mods to the bike when everything else is setup. I figure a bunch more mods will come out like pipes etc . This bike is so new. 

All I can say is I'm super happy with the RK-TEK head on my 2013 300RR. I'm still a slow guy in the hare scrambles, but I now chug thru the woods in second gear most of the time. I use to constantly shift between 1st and second in the wood sections. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

On 9/24/2019 at 6:41 AM, Beta300recat said:

Say it isn't so!😉

Shrubs the only one Ive ever heard of buying an RK head or any head for fuel economy and fuel economy alone . To each their own. It does say fuel economy improved on the site somewhere. For me I didn’t care. I didn’t check if mileage is better or worse for my bike. It wasn’t a priority for me. Just guessing maybe it is and maybe it isn’t idk. But the performance? Performance on the RK for cooling and performance is worth it for me. I’m still running the stock tank. Just the float level adjusted was enough for me. Maybe a smart carb is a better buy for better mileage.. idk