Husqvarna6

Mx Nations season 5

We all know SX is the cash cow, Kenny said "even if it goes SX only". Maybe this is best for the sport in the long run. MX can branch off and do its own thing, reset, bring new money in, make it profitable for the tracks, it can go online only in this day anyway and cut a lot of the useless production too. Worst part of that whole thing "i don't even ride" I can't stand that, gets paid by the industry doesn't ride, hell Weege has been tearing it up, well maybe not tearing but at least is out there.

interesting.. can the industry support/have both indoor & outdoor riders, and/or mixed?  All is about the $$$, it will be interesting to see how the industry changes.  Change is not always bad... :rolleyes:

It seems now there’s no off time for these riders as both series are back to back. How was it back in the day? I feel as though SX has encroached on MX the last two plus decades. No way SX was a 17 round series 30 years ago. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DesertCR said:

feel as though SX has encroached on MX the last two plus decades. 

There were 16 SX rounds in 1993.  Over 25 years ago.

Funny, in less than 4 minutes the video explained exactly what I've been telling a bunch of these clowns in here. Thanks,  time to start the thread I promised and not ruin this one.   

15 hours ago, redrider144 said:

There were 16 SX rounds in 1993.  Over 25 years ago.

And 12 rounds outdoors plus the US MXGP race the Paris Supercross and the MXDN

Riders are just pussies today

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The video makes a good point in that the emphasis in the U.S. has shifted heavily towards SX and in the world MX scene we ( the U.S.) are losing ground and will continue to lose ground because of this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MotorBoatin said:

Sort of.  But in McGrath's era they weren't training anywhere near the amount they are today.  More partying back then.

Hannah probably was training a lot in his day, but there weren't 16 SX rounds in Hannah's era.  Hannah won 1979 250 SX, 12 rounds.

I think it's the schedule + nonstop training grind that's getting to these guys today.  Roczen isn't a pussy and even he points out that MXGP has more off-time than US SX / MX.

• Helpful 1

4 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Sort of.  But in McGrath's era they weren't training anywhere near the amount they are today.  More partying back then.

Hannah probably was training a lot in his day, but there weren't 16 SX rounds in Hannah's era.  Hannah won 1979 250 SX, 12 rounds.

I think it's the schedule + nonstop training grind that's getting to these guys today.  Roczen isn't a pussy and even he points out that MXGP has more off-time than US SX / MX.

I think it's the money. They don't need more 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MotorBoatin said:

In 96 riders weren't training at the level they do today and that's a huge part of it. 96 was good year. Panama City beach during spring break😊

40 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

In 96 riders weren't training at the level they do today

And the racing was just as good 

• Like 1