2 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

Dinner and a movie is the type that goes to SX races and pays the Bill's. 20 years from now they may only have SX in the states.  

Trail riding will never go away with the ability to go electric with charging stations in pre-paid trail systems. Ride for 2 hours to a destination eat lunch and bullshit with others while getting charged up that's what I see in the near future.

It may pay the bills, but does not mean it is fun to likeable for all. Amazing what marketing and conditioning does to the masses. Hey, good for Feld.

8 minutes ago, DEMI said:

It may pay the bills, but does not mean it is fun to likeable for all. Amazing what marketing and conditioning does to the masses. Hey, good for Feld.

I'm not on board with SX being the cash cow. Luongo is gonna drive the GPs into the ground and hopefully the Nationals stay healthy. I'd like to see more European riders come over. 

Edited by 777654321

I think you can kiss goodbye any euros going to a pure sx format

In fact I could see many top USA riders going mxgp and saving it from extinction

4 minutes ago, mog said:

In fact I could see many top USA riders going mxgp and saving it from extinction

The European side needs to get rid of Luongo and get it back to what it was. I'd like to see kids from Lorrettas go to GPs for a couple years, or start doing GPs at an earlier age. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

I'm not on board with SX being the cash cow. Luongo is gonna drive the GPs into the ground and hopefully the Nationals stay healthy. I'd like to see more European riders come over. 

Agreed

9 minutes ago, mog said:

That would be awesome and very realistic as not everything in the world revolves around SX. If the US keeps it current course, then it is inevitable that migration to Europe will happen.

53 minutes ago, DEMI said:

That would be awesome and very realistic as not everything in the world revolves around SX. If the US keeps it current course, then it is inevitable that migration to Europe will happen.

Did we all just agree on something that's not in the help forum😄

5 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

Did we all just agree on something that's not in the help forum😄

Haha, sure did!

• Like 1

I didn’t watch the vid, but it’s true. In America, the riders and teams favor supercross.  

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

11 minutes ago, GBowman said:

I didn’t watch the vid, but it’s true. In America, the riders and teams favor supercross.  

The riders favor wherever the $$ is.  Webb said a 450 SX title is worth $1M more than 450 MX title.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mog said:

:lol::lol::lol: That's an idea...go get paid less to save a series that is dying for an audience you don't give a shit about.:lol::lol::lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Americans are not going to go to Europe.  If sales don't turn around (which means lower prices) the japs are going to cut back. The biggest change we are going to see in the next 10 to 15 years is not expensive electric bikes, it is the development of  Chinese bikes. I look for them to start licensing older jap designs and flooding the market with bikes that are $4-5000 cheaper and use jap parts,,,,,the loss in sales by the japs will have a huge impact on the racing budgets.

• Helpful 1

SX is basically a monster truck event on 2 wheels. Half the SX crowd doesn't even know what's going on.

I suppose that's why the announcers always say Red Honda, Green Kawasaki. 

OEM love it because it's prime time, racers because it's less physically demanding and more money.

the SX crowd for the location and monster show, put SX in the location of some of these MX races and let's see who shows up.

SX benefits greatly from the venue and time of the races, not the racing itself. 

A lot of the SX races are boring and they know it, that's why they introduced the Triple Crown and it seems like more are coming. 

But wait I guess it's still so boring so lookie here folks we now have a Joker Lane, make sure you don't miss it. Woohoo. 

Its only a matter a time before your gonna be required to do some circus trick on a jump. 

If its not a sideshow and just about the racing, MX wins all day long. 

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1

40 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

The riders favor wherever the $$ is.  Webb said a 450 SX title is worth $1M more than 450 MX title.

The bonus money on them are exactly the same, but there are more six races. 

Trust me, the majority of US riders would love to race sx only. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

:lol::lol::lol: That's an idea...go get paid less to save a series that is dying for an audience you don't give a shit about.:lol::lol::lol: 

They don’t get paid less doing GPs, in fact Herlings is the highest paid mx rider in the world 

their series isn’t dying, they have more viewers than we do. 

Fact, dirt bikes sales are at a steady incline with last years growth of 15% being the most growth in years. 

Fact, More people tried to qualify for Loretta Lynn’s then any years past. 

Fact, more riders tried to qualify for the outdoor nationals this year than the past 5 years  90 riders tried to qualify for Unidilla, the most ever 

Fact, the GNCC series has had continues growth for 4 straight years. 

You doom and gloomers need to go out more. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

1 minute ago, GBowman said:

Fact, dirt bikes sales are at a steady incline with last years growth of 15% being the most growth in years. 

Fact, More people tried to qualify for Loretta Lynn’s then any years past. 

Fact, more riders tried to qualify for the outdoor nationals this year than the past 5 years  90 riders tried to qualify for Unidilla, the most ever 

Fact, the GNCC series has had continues growth for 4 straight years. 

You doom and gloomers need to go out more. 

Excellent news.  

I think the KTM fluffers want it all to collapse right now, so that they can wax poetic about how KTM won the last several 450 SX titles.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1