13 minutes ago, GBowman said:

The bonus money on them are exactly the same, but there are more six races. 

Trust me, the majority of US riders would love to race sx only. 

I'm just going off what Webb said in the video.  Maybe he's assuming more event win bonuses in SX, not sure.

Americans are not going to go to Europe.  If sales don't turn around (which means lower prices) the japs are going to cut back. The biggest change we are going to see in the next 10 to 15 years is not expensive electric bikes, it is the development of  Chinese bikes. I look for them to start licensing older jap designs and flooding the market with bikes that are $4-5000 cheaper and use jap parts,,,,,the loss in sales by the japs will have a huge impact on the racing budgets.
What sales do you speak of ,the ones that are up year on year , please don't post incorrect info

11 hours ago, GBowman said:

They don’t get paid less doing GPs, in fact Herlings is the highest paid mx rider in the world 

their series isn’t dying, they have more viewers than we do. 

American riders going to GPs is different than Herlings. Are you saying that a top American rider going to the GPs will earn more? That was the context. Can you post Herlings pay vs say Tomac?

@mog said it was dying here is the quote: In fact I could see many top USA riders going mxgp and saving it from extinction Maybe he was joking...

Nope not joking

With sometimes only 19 riders on the start it's clear to see mxgp has very serious problems

Whilst I accept some USA riders may prefer all sx no Mx ,I'm sure some won't ,so the only way to get paid will be to try mxgp

I don't think the pay of a top rider( 10th place to 1st ) in mxgp or ama is a problem to the rider

So I would expect a few top riders to go across the pond

I don't expect any euros to carry on like mm and roczen , they will be the last ( or near as ) you ought get one french and one aus rider to try it I guess

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mog said:

Nope not joking

With sometimes only 19 riders on the start it's clear to see mxgp has very serious problems

Whilst I accept some USA riders may prefer all sx no Mx ,I'm sure some won't ,so the only way to get paid will be to try mxgp

I don't think the pay of a top rider( 10th place to 1st ) in mxgp or ama is a problem to the rider

So I would expect a few top riders to go across the pond

I don't expect any euros to carry on like mm and roczen , they will be the last ( or near as ) you ought get one french and one aus rider to try it I guess

Ok fair enough.

4 hours ago, Chaconne said:

American riders going to GPs is different than Herlings. Are you saying that a top American rider going to the GPs will earn more? That was the context. Can you post Herlings pay vs say Tomac?

@mog said it was dying here is the quote: In fact I could see many top USA riders going mxgp and saving it from extinction Maybe he was joking...

A top US rider could go there and make the same money. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GBowman said:

A top US rider could go there and make the same money. 

Ok maybe I missed it b4. Are we talking mx vs mxgp no sx? Seems like a rider, for example Webb, can make serious coin on sx alone. At least that is how I interpreted the video. Neither mx or mxgp would compare? 

1 hour ago, Chaconne said:

Ok maybe I missed it b4. Are we talking mx vs mxgp no sx? Seems like a rider, for example Webb, can make serious coin on sx alone. At least that is how I interpreted the video. Neither mx or mxgp would compare? 

Three years from now Webb will be an SX only guy for JGR.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Why would you assume MXGP $$ wouldn't compare to SX $$?

Ian Harrison literally says in that video that the "contract money, championship money and race win money" is the highest in sx, then mxgp, then ama mx.

Wouldnt that then mean if you were to say race sx and ama mx and win motos and mains in both and win both titles that the potential is there to earn quite a bit more than just mxgp alone? Not to mention mec and now rbsr. Or are the top guys doing those for free?

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

Ian Harrison literally says in that video that the "contract money, championship money and race win money" is the highest in sx, then mxgp, then ama mx.

Does Ian say they don't compare?  No?  Ok then, good chat.

Edited by redrider144

1 minute ago, Chaconne said:

I wasn't assuming that is why I put the question mark. @GBowman knows a lot more about that than me. 

Just give it a couple more years and local purse money will be what the European riders are racing for. The GPs wont survive the way it's going. 

Stewart has made more money than Webb can dream of. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redrider144 said:

Bowman has stated many times that Herlings is the highest paid MX rider in the world.  Obviously MXGP compares.

Compares to MX or SX? He said earlier it would be equal for top riders. But seems like the "work conditions" in American SX are still way better for US riders even if pay being equal. 

2 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Compares to MX or SX? He said earlier it would be equal for top riders. But seems like the "work conditions" in American SX are still way better for US riders even if pay being equal. 

It's easier to win an Sx title than an MX title that's why riders favor SX. Short races, cookie cutter tracks, and not much to separate talent. It's like having pit bike races where you have a chance of beating a guy that normally laps you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

What does "highest paid in the world" mean to you?