41 minutes ago, jcross312 said:

I blame the decline in MX to global warming. It's hot as &%$#@! out there

I didn't go riding today because I've been sick and it was cold and raining.  

1 minute ago, mxaniac said:

I didn't go riding today because I've been sick and it was cold and raining.  

It was 100° today where I live. Felt like 105° heat index. &%$#@! hot weather!

Didnt watch the vid or read most of the responses. But I agree that SX>GP>MX as far as industry importance, money flow etc, right now. Also for the average fan that would likely be the hierarchy of who all it reaches worldwide. But from a racing, enthusiast standpoint I would go MX>GP>SX.  I think AMA MX has a great variety in tracks (a couple duds but still good overall). I think the gates are still pretty full of talent and the format is nice. I like the privateer aspect in AMA MX too. It's not the same in GPs, as there really is no grassroots privateer life. Just my take on it all, FWIW.

• Like 2

I agree but sx is on at a great time of year for me , I struggle to ride ,watch Mxgp ,watch ama ,work on bike , work on house

So sx fits in nice

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

MX tv is terrible, but for NBC gold, I suppose you get everything you need. I pay over $250/mo in cable/internet so I refuse to pay more for TV when I don't watch it that often. I DVR the motos that are televised and I watch whatever I miss on youtube. 

Those prices are insane we pay less than half that ,we probably don't get lots of the stuff you might ,but I download stuff I need to watch

• Like 1

It would be hard to beat the racing in AMA MX this season. It was a great season overall to watch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mog said:

Those prices are insane we pay less than half that ,we probably don't get lots of the stuff you might ,but I download stuff I need to watch

Your PM inbox is full.

9 hours ago, ah665 said:

MX tv is terrible, but for NBC gold, I suppose you get everything you need. I pay over $250/mo in cable/internet so I refuse to pay more for TV when I don't watch it that often. I DVR the motos that are televised and I watch whatever I miss on youtube. 

You need to look at another package. You can easily get home internet and stream tv for under a hundred.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M1Garand said:

You need to look at another package. You can easily get home internet and stream tv for under a hundred.

Ya its on my 'to-do list', just havent got around to it yet. Every time i pay that bill, I cringe lol. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ah665 said:

Ya its on my 'to-do list', just havent got around to it yet. Every time i pay that bill, I cringe lol. 

Traditional cable is dead, get the high speed internet line and stream, the packages are monthly and you can cancel anytime, i went from that 250 to  under 100 overnight, haven't looked back.

I'm on the low end of download speed at 100mb, per the white paper 

i do get a buffer issue every now and then however not enough to reconsider going back. 

Edited by M1Garand
  • Helpful 3

Your PM inbox is full.
Clear now ,I won the day so often it filled it lol
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, M1Garand said:

Traditional cable is dead, get the high speed internet line and stream, the packages are monthly and you can cancel anytime, i went from that 250 to  under 100 overnight, haven't looked back.

I'm on the low end of download speed at 100mb, per the white paper 

i do get a buffer issue every now and then however not enough to reconsider going back. 

It all depends on how many tvs you have set up ect. I know my mom pays well over 200 a month but she also has 8 tvs in her house and im pretty sure 7 or 8 of them have a box.

The only way to get the best rates with the cable comps is to be a new customer every 2 years. I used to switch back and forth every 2 years between time warner and att and my bills were around 125 a month for internet, the 2nd or top tv package and phone. But i only had 3 boxes

Edited by Zinergy

On 9/8/2019 at 10:19 PM, 777654321 said:

It's easier to win an Sx title than an MX title that's why riders favor SX. Short races, cookie cutter tracks, and not much to separate talent. It's like having pit bike races where you have a chance of beating a guy that normally laps you😎

I disagree, I think they both have their challenges.  Riders favor SX because depending on the contract, SX pays more.  At least that's what I'm told.  Not sure why people seem to think SX is "easy" or eaiser to win.  That makes no sense what so ever.  SX may be less physically demanding but it's by no means "easier" per say.  Also, the talent level in SX is spread out more than it is in MX.  I think MX is eaiser to get out front and hold a lead than SX.  How many times does a top 15-20 guy in MX holeshot a race and hold a lead for a few laps.  SX, not so much.  In SX, a top 15-20 guy would end up pretty much the same spot even with a great start.  Usually, corner speed and how fast you can get through the whoops will seperate the faster and slower riders.  Ask guys who have actually raced both or are currently racing both and they will tell you which series is more diffucult and has less room for error.  Loose focus for a split second in a whoop section or over shoot a rythem section by a bike lenght and see what happens.  Both could put you on a ground.  The bottom line is, SX involves starts and being more percise.  Don't think that makes it eaiser.  I do see what you're saying but it's not as "easy" as you're making it out to be.  The guys getting lapped in MX are getting lapped in SX.  I love SX, MX and MXGP the same as long as the racing is good.  Last years SX was enjoyable just about every round.  MX was also awesome.  I'm just happy we get to see good racing on T.V. that doesn't envole cars going left in circles for 500 miles lol.          

• Helpful 2

7 minutes ago, Z O SICK said:

I disagree, I think they both have their challenges.  Riders favor SX because depending on the contract, SX pays more.  At least that's what I'm told.  Not sure why people seem to think SX is "easy" or eaiser to win.  That makes no sense what so ever.  SX may be less physically demanding but it's by no means "easier" per say.  Also, the talent level in SX is spread out more than it is in MX.  I think MX is eaiser to get out front and hold a lead than SX.  How many times does a top 15-20 guy in MX holeshot a race and hold a lead for a few laps.  SX, not so much.  In SX, a top 15-20 guy would end up pretty much the same spot even with a great start.  Usually, corner speed and how fast you can get through the whoops will seperate the faster and slower riders.  Ask guys who have actually raced both or are currently racing both and they will tell you which series is more diffucult and has less room for error.  Loose focus for a split second in a whoop section or over shoot a rythem section by a bike lenght and see what happens.  Both could put you on a ground.  The bottom line is, SX involves starts and being more percise.  Don't think that makes it eaiser.  I do see what you're saying but it's not as "easy" as you're making it out to be.  The guys getting lapped in MX are getting lapped in SX.  I love SX, MX and MXGP the same as long as the racing is good.  Last years SX was enjoyable just about every round.  MX was also awesome.  I'm just happy we get to see good racing on T.V. that doesn't envole cars going left in circles for 500 miles lol.          

MX is a harder title to win, for the pros, I'd say. The difference from track to track alone is a huge difference between the 2. SX is just whatever design they come up with on a stadium floor. Not a ton of variation, outside of a few races that can get muddy. MX you are dealing with much different dirt (from round to round) and how it changes through the course of the day. The weather is also a major factor, as is fitness. Plus, the longevity of the bike to handle the longer race. I remember hearing about the Factory 10-13 YZ250Fs getting rid of the external oil resi (that came on those bikes at the time) and running a significantly smaller amount of oil in those SX bikes, because they only need to run for 15mins at a time in SX. And how the bike wasn't worked very hard, so they didn't worry about it. Meanwhile in MX you see teams going the opposite direction, with coolers, bigger rads etc. So just the machine prep alone shows you which of the 2 is more demanding. Plus, to me, SX anymore is just a train of guys doing the same rhythm, for the most part. Part of that can be blamed on 450s, but that is another topic. I agree that a mess up in SX can end your season. But you could also argue that the higher speeds in MX could be just as bad. I def see what you are saying but I think a lot of your point is based on SX being it's own skill. But for the guys here, they are already training and dedicating a lot of their training to SX. So for them they don't need to 'learn' how to ride SX, like when guys come here from overseas. I think a good SX guy is a good SX guy at any round (exception being maybe Daytona). But at MX, I think there is variation that can favor certain guys etc. Just my opinion. Both are different and have their points though. 

• Helpful 1

21 minutes ago, Z O SICK said:

All these guys saying sx is easier than mx can and have ridden mx, none of them can or will ride sx.  They'd look like it was their first time ever riding a motorcycle on a sx track.  Me included. 

• Helpful 1

1 minute ago, KTMRider4Life said:

All these guys saying sx is easier than mx can and have ridden mx, none of them can or will ride sx.  They'd look like it was their first time ever riding a motorcycle on a sx track.  Me included. 

SX is harder to learn because no one trains it unless you are a pro. But I still think for pros (who already know SX), the Nationals or MXGP title is still more demanding.

25 minutes ago, Z O SICK said:

Neither is easy, but an outdoor title is harder to win. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

1 minute ago, GBowman said:

Neither is easy, but an outdoor title is harder to win. 

Bullshit, try and explain why.  

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Helpful 1
  • Confused 1