Boring around here Hurry up SX

18 hours ago, mxaniac said:

IDK, seeing people get all fired up about race series, riders, and bike brands is pretty effing entertaining at times.  At the end of the day if someone really really likes purple, and Walmart starts selling really crappy purple bikes, let em ride purple and believe they and their preferred pronoun made a good choice.  I suppose I could be a better person and not poke and prod to stir things up but it's damn funny how much this stuff matters to us sometimes.

Did I mention Suzuki is going to podium every race in the 450 class?  Malcom will win the series.  KTM will lose all their riders to a knee injury.  Larry Huffman will replace the Monster Energy girls.

You need to up your game.....

Do I need to start quoting the KTM 2T forum for all of the people that tossed the Mikuni in the trash?
The mikuni has been the same since for ever , they are good from 18 onward , it's only the 17 jetting that was a mess ,and the gasket obviously

But yamaha used them so you need to moan about them ,the difference is no one bought the yz since 06

Red here is a Dyno for you

07 yz 250s

A STD (euro low comp head ) Vs modified

You can see how easy it is to get power from any 250 2 stroke ,they are all detuned

Yes you see that right ,39hp ,I have 2 std bikes on file and both are like that

Don't argue with me on it

The modified one is easily as powerful as a ktm

A fully tuned factory husky hit 60hp so these are not fast ,but they are ridable IMG_20190908_170521249_noexif.jpeg.4439a3d0532693461e32a12697721757.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mog said:

Yes you see that right ,39hp ,I have 2 std bikes on file and both are like that

I think MXA uses VP C12 or something like that.  They still claim the YZ makes near 47hp even after 2010.

STOCK YZ250 DYNO NUMBERS
Here are the stock 2014 Yamaha YZ250 dyno numbers.
rpm                 horsepower
5000……………21.81
6000…………..30.95
7000…………..39.61
8000…………..44.32
9000…………..45.92
Peak…………….46.85 @ 8700 rpm

1 hour ago, mog said:

It's not just the cable ,the basket gets notched as it's honestly cheap

You won't want to hear it ,but the ktm system ( whilst having a different feel to cable ) has way way better components

The clutch basket is so well made on the ktm ,the japs use cheap materials , I don't want to debate it with you ,we all know it ,and I don't want to go replacing cables ,baskets ,springs etc

Yes, the Yamaha baskets get notched easily. They are very light weight.

There's a recent thread in the Yamaha 250f/FX/WR section asking for opinions from guys that switched from KTM 4T to Yamaha 4T. I do believe that every response that mentions the clutches says they like the feel/action of the Yamaha clutches better. I haven't added anything, I've just been following to see the responses. 

Has anyone switched from a 250 4t ktm to yzfxwr

• Like 2

Here is a ktm with its terrible carb lol

2017 with a gnarly front pipe only ( you know the one a certain person says never to use as they won't rev lol

You can clearly see the sx 250 and the heavily modified yz are matched on power

No rider on a 250 smoker should struggle to get the power they want ,but if you own a STD yz euro version you ought need to throw some money as it's not a fast bike STD lol IMG_20190908_171933765_noexif.jpeg

• Like 1

I think MXA uses VP C12 or something like that.  They still claim the YZ makes near 47hp even after 2010.
STOCK YZ250 DYNO NUMBERS
Here are the stock 2014 Yamaha YZ250 dyno numbers.
rpm                 horsepower
5000……………21.81
6000…………..30.95
7000…………..39.61
8000…………..44.32
9000…………..45.92
Peak…………….46.85 @ 8700 rpm
Seems very high ,full pc pipe on a 2014 gave 46 hp

Another with a FMF system in 09 had 43

You have to remember these bikes come in with hours on them ,they might not be fresh like a shootout test

It's not a clinical setup or an ideal world

If people want a Dyno run they don't want the tuner to rip the down and fit a new cylinder and piston kit lol

Only if they ask will the bikes be tore down

Looking at more I would say the 2 39hp ones were not good ,they look more like 42 to 43 hp

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

On the gate when I'm releasing the clutch so easy to get the bike to lift just a little while using my front brake. I cant do this easier with a cable system. 

my bike front ends lifts when I use the gas :excuseme: sounds like you have your cables installed backwards..  let me know if you need help 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Havingfun said:

my bike front ends lifts when I use the gas :excuseme: sounds like you have your cables installed backwards..  let me know if you need help 

I've got more holeshots in my life than you've had sex. I think I'm doing ok on the line.