Here it is- 2020 MX450 Shootout WINNER > YZ450!!!  

Edited by KableXL
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

Seems like a good bike ,Yamaha have turned it around

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mog said:

Seems like a good bike ,Yamaha have turned it around

2 more years

The only negative I would say ( nothing to do with the order of the outcome )

Is they seem to use only very fast pro riders ,I feel they need to have a much wider mix , I personally know around say 200 Mx riders ,only one is that speed and he hardly ever buys a bike ,he goes where the sponsor is

So the yam is a clear winner ,I feel the husky could move way up ( maybe above ktm ) if they use a more realistic test rider base?

Don't forget the ktm came 2nd so I'm not trying to change the order in any way

The euro yzf isn't as good as the USA one ,it comes with incredibly stiff valving and our riders hate it ,once valved they are happy

• Like 1

Some the stuff they pick at is a bit ridiculous, they were talking about grips being to hard and levers being to skinny. That’s the first thing you change when you get a new bike kind of irrelevant. Even suspension, they mention forks being to soft, don’t most people get the print rates and calving done to suit them any way ? 

4 hours ago, KableXL said:

Here it is- 2020 MX450 Shootout WINNER > YZ450!!!

KTM getting their shit pushed in by Yamapig.  The final piece is for KTM to get smashed in 2020 SX, then it's over for them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Says the one who gave away a Yamaha and spent his money on a ktm lol

One day you will try to make up your mind

I'm surprised they didn't comment on the rmz shock ,most detest it ,and the kxf rear brake is like slight switch ( I am told by owners )

The ktm did better than I expected

They still say the yzf is wide by the others standards,that's after about the 5 generation?

I tried to get a ride on one the other day but he didn't want to swap bikes ,he wants to get a sx 250 and I said try mine ,he was worried about breaking it if he crashed

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, mog said:

Don't forget the ktm came 2nd so I'm not trying to change the order in any way

:lol: You're not? I beg to differ, in the 2nd shootout video the KTM was in 4th. 

• Like 2

You're not? I beg to differ, in the 2nd shootout video the KTM was in 4th. 

I was commenting on the 1st one obviously

So it came in 4th ,I'm ok with that , the Yamaha won and I'm ok with that ,Yamaha have stepped it up imo

In fact most the japs bar the Suzuki have ,I wonder why that is ?

• Like 2

They make no mention of the kawi controls, which are atrocious. Really funky setup..

ml make the best shootout by far made the other operations look like pure shit, good job dude!

Edited by The Creature
  • Like 1

Swap Moto has a much wider range of riders and had a bigger variance in the results

I think they did a more representative test

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Creature said:

ml make the best shootout by far made the other operations look like pure shit, good job dude!

Lindsay's shootout ranked the YZ450F 1st also.

Edited by redrider144

Lindsay's shootout ranked the YZ450F 1st also.

There is no doubting the yzf 2020 is a great bike , imo the only thing I would like to see is less bulk and weight

The others have work to do ,Yamaha have turned it from the bike no one wanted to race ,to the bike that is a clear winner .

Shows what happens when they really look at the problem

so many said it handled ok ,but they knew it needed working on ,and they have , and they have pleased almost all the riders
  • Like 1

Just now, mog said:

There is no doubting the yzf 2020 is a great bike , imo the only thing I would like to see is less bulk and weight

The others have work to do ,Yamaha have turned it from the bike no one wanted to race ,to the bike that is a clear winner .

Shows what happens when they really look at the problem

so many said it handled ok ,but they knew it needed working on ,and they have , and they have pleased almost all the riders

Yeah.   Now it's time for @KTMRider4Life to eat his words over condemning the backwards head.

Yeah.   Now it's time for [mention=93778]KTMRider4Life[/mention] to eat his words over condemning the backwards head.
Red you need to get a new story

Me and ktm4life have said the yzf was a bad handling over powerful heap for years. And we were right ,Yamaha have finally addressed it after 10 years of trying ,it's still big and heavy but it's good

Ktm went from nothing to wining everything in less time than it took Yamaha to fix the 450 ,so let's get real here please

It’s the backwards head that make the shrouds so huge
I know and they have tried to make them smaller ,the 19 i looked at the other week was massive compared to every bike around it ,you could clearly see it's totally different shape

I don't think it's ever going to make me want it ,I would need to grow 6" and I don't think that will happen
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Yeah.   Now it's time for @KTMRider4Life to eat his words over condemning the backwards head.

:lol: I was thinking the exact same thing.

We all know if the table was turned he'd have already started a "time to eat your serving of crow" thread. Knowing him, he will continue spouting the same line of shit. 

KTM 2-4-5 

Yamaha 1-1-1

• Like 1