I'm still trying to figure out how dirt is falling in the YZ air boot.  I've never had that happen on any bike I've owned.  Is mog referring to the front air box on the YZF? :shocked:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mog said:

Just did my airfilter in 1 minute 10 seconds , no tools no dirt drops into airboot , no lining anything up

You try on the yz and see how long it takes

Not sure of the design on the sx but the design on the xc-w tpi sux dog deek. You drop that in in a stream and wet can get right in, not to mention dust and shit.  That is 10k of hard earned money for a mediocre design. 

I am sure for mx what you have is great but I ride trail and swamp --no track and walking home blows-- that means lots of shit and mishaps.

I will take a little inconvenience for a decent seal on my air filter.:ride:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

I'm still trying to figure out how dirt is falling in the YZ air boot.  I've never had that happen on any bike I've owned.  Is mog referring to the front air box on the YZF? :shocked:

I have yams, hondas, ktms and never dropped dirt in any of them. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, indy rider said:

And yet it only has scored 2-4-5 behind Yamaha's 1-1-1.

Oh...that's got to butthurt.

Fixed it for ya!!:lol:

• Haha 2

The only negative I would say ( nothing to do with the order of the outcome )

Is they seem to use only very fast pro riders ,I feel they need to have a much wider mix , I personally know around say 200 Mx riders ,only one is that speed and he hardly ever buys a bike ,he goes where the sponsor is

So the yam is a clear winner ,I feel the husky could move way up ( maybe above ktm ) if they use a more realistic test rider base?

Don't forget the ktm came 2nd so I'm not trying to change the order in any way

The euro yzf isn't as good as the USA one ,it comes with incredibly stiff valving and our riders hate it ,once valved they are happy
I was under impression the yzf euro model was valved softer than the US model

I was under impression the yzf euro model was valved softer than the US model
Nope it's like a board

And to the other guys saying dirt doesn't drop into a Jap bike air boot ,honestly ? Let's all pretend .....

37 minutes ago, mog said:

Nope it's like a board

And to the other guys saying dirt doesn't drop into a Jap bike air boot ,honestly ? Let's all pretend .....

Does the sx have the snap-off side panel air filter access? If so, look in there you can see your air filter -- you don't have to drop any dirt in there, it can find its own way.:ride:

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, mog said:

Nope it's like a board

I'm lucky if I have found the slightest trace of dust.  If there is dirt in there then I have really screwed something up.  Something's a foul with your procedure.

• Like 3

I'm lucky if I have found the slightest trace of dust.  If there is dirt in there then I have really screwed something up.  Something's a foul with your procedure.
No you have the wrong end of the stick lol

When you remove a really dirty airfilter from the bike, the process of pulling the filter through the subframe ( on a Cr yz etc ) pulls all the dirt off the edge if the filter ,as it's above the boot the pieces fall in to the boot

If you have never experienced thus you don't ride bikes

They say the yzf is the absolute worst where some people remove the airbox each filter change, dirt falls into the throttle body

No doubt this is all news to you lol

7 minutes ago, mog said:

No you have the wrong end of the stick lol

When you remove a really dirty airfilter from the bike, the process of pulling the filter through the subframe ( on a Cr yz etc ) pulls all the dirt off the edge if the filter ,as it's above the boot the pieces fall in to the boot

If you have never experienced thus you don't ride bikes

They say the yzf is the absolute worst where some people remove the airbox each filter change, dirt falls into the throttle body

No doubt this is all news to you lol

A load of crap.  I clean my filter about every 6 hours (off road riding).  If you are having that much stuff fall into your boot you need to step up your maintenance.  I get the issue with the newer YZF's, but that is the cost paid for a filter that doesn't get dirty much in the first place.  Would love to see a picture of your filter BEFORE you decide it's time to clean it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A load of crap.  I clean my filter about every 6 hours (off road riding).  If you are having that much stuff fall into your boot you need to step up your maintenance.  I get the issue with the newer YZF's, but that is the cost paid for a filter that doesn't get dirty much in the first place.  Would love to see a picture of your filter BEFORE you decide it's time to clean it. 

Sorry I'm not willing to have this silly discussion , it happens and we know it ,you even admitted happens to the yzf lol

But then you say it's the price for the filter staying clean ? Logic ?

11 minutes ago, mog said:

Sorry I'm not willing to have this silly discussion , it happens and we know it ,you even admitted happens to the yzf lol

You sound like a girl sometimes. Arguing over what shoes you think your friend should wear. 

Nobody wants to look like your twin🤣

• Haha 1

You sound like a girl sometimes. Arguing over what shoes you think your friend should wear. 
Nobody wants to look like your twin
Say something interesting

1 hour ago, mog said:
1 hour ago, 777654321 said:
Nobody wants to look like your twinemoji1787.png

Say something interesting

Just dont say anything too interesting or he'll block you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

Just dont say anything too interesting or he'll block you.

EABOD_zpsbsdqxc85.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 777654321 said:

Nobody wants to look like your twin🤣

He is British you can tell by his teeth::lol:

image.png.bbdf5208741f13f2ca9e649b3b7851df.png

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, mog said:

I'd hope you know by now the YZF has a horizontal filter, hopefully we both know what can happen.  Having shit fall in an air boot via a vertical filter is just sloppy maintenance.  I've never had a YZF, all my filters have been under the seat and not once have I ever had dirt fall into the boot.  I can see how it could happen, but it's from not being careful.  Don't try and spin this to say that the KTM filter/air boot will magically prevent this......it's no different than any other set up under the seat other than being angled about 45 degrees (which I will agree is smart).  Get sloppy on maintenance and dirt will fall in there just like any other similar design.

• Helpful 1