lennyg6v

Source for FCR39mx

Rebuilding my 2000 DRZ400 kicker that I have had since new, going to give it to my nephew.  The stock FCR39 is just completely worn out as I put many miles on this bike, slide and slide bore are hammered.  I noticed there are FCR39 kits here on TT in the parts store but they appear to be for the S and SM models.  Will they fit/work on my kicker?  I looked and various sources for new ones and was blown away at the pricing, $1000.00 plus.

That's what they run now.The 2nd generation fcr is the mx and is a better carb overall. There is some Polish ones a while back that were $660 on Ebay. I haven't looked in a while.

The fcr39 that thumpertalk sells is what you want. They are not cheap, but that is the going market price

The TT FCRs are less than what I have seen elsewhere, just did not know if would fit.  The TT parts site said it would not work with my kicker model.  

Looking at the FCR39 description in TT store, says it does not come with TPS.  Does the FCR mx not use a TPS or I use the one off of my stock carb?  Have never seen

one of the newer FCRs.  

Looking at the FCR39 description in TT store, says it does not come with TPS.  Does the FCR mx not use a TPS or I use the one off of my stock carb?  Have never seen

one of the newer FCRs.  

The TT carburetor does not have a hot start, TPS or ACV valve. FCR-MX carburetors can be purchased with these options, Thumpertalk simply does not sell them.

4 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

The TT carburetor does not have a hot start, TPS or ACV valve. FCR-MX carburetors can be purchased with these options, Thumpertalk simply does not sell them.

We simply don't advertise them b/c the demand is tiny. If someone wants one we can source them from the same source of all our Keihin carbs.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

I cleaned the carb a few years ago put it back on and went riding. Came back and washed the bike and noticed I had not reconnected the TPS, never noticed any difference in the way it ran.  So back to my original question, the FCR39 offered in the TT store with no TPS will it work/fit on my 2000 Kicker?  Thanks for the replies.  

The hundreds of us that have the TT Store FCR-MX 39 carbs install them without the tps and most notice no percetible difference even if one is used just like on the original Mikuni bsr36 CV carb before the conversion.

13 hours ago, lennyg6v said:

I cleaned the carb a few years ago put it back on and went riding. Came back and washed the bike and noticed I had not reconnected the TPS, never noticed any difference in the way it ran.  So back to my original question, the FCR39 offered in the TT store with no TPS will it work/fit on my 2000 Kicker?  Thanks for the replies.  

You answered your own question. The TPS is not needed. But if you really want one I'm sure the Thumpertalk store can get you a carb with one. Just call them and ask. They offer fantastic customer service.