RideWithWill

would you like to see 350 400 cc 2 strokes?

so kind of crossed my mind, seems most 2 strokes in the enduro world are starting to have more "low end" power and makes me wonder if a 350 or 400cc would be a nice line from say KTM or yamaha or something. Would you guys buy a 400cc 2 stroke? or would it be a bad idea?

• Like 2

Yep, a good 300 is a brute. Don't need more power though I suppose a bigger motor could be more mildly tuned and last longer. Maybe ditch the power valve and build something like a giant trials engine. I'd go for that.

• Like 3

nope.

The way of the future ( at least according the bike manufacturers that matter) is a 4 stroke in everyones garage.

Beta and gas gas don't sell enough bikes to matter. 

Just now, Fore-50 said:

nope.

The way of the future ( at least according the bike manufacturers that matter) is a 4 stroke in everyones garage.

Beta and gas gas don't sell enough bikes to matter. 

Beta is the fastest growing forum on TT. You're right, but maybe not forever. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

I only seen one Beta dealer in Canada. it was out west.

I haven't seen one Beta at a trail head or anywhere for that matter. They look like great bikes but hard to compete with large scale manufacturers with deep marketing pockets..like Honda. However, I have seen countless ALTA's ( electric dirt bikes) at tracks, even saw one on a trail in Michigan.

Come hell or high water. Electric bikes are the future. 

2 hours ago, RideWithWill said:

so kind of crossed my mind, seems most 2 strokes in the enduro world are starting to have more "low end" power and makes me wonder if a 350 or 400cc would be a nice line from say KTM or yamaha or something. Would you guys buy a 400cc 2 stroke? or would it be a bad idea?

a modern 350cc or 400cc engine would be more weight and more rotational inertia...more waste heat...would turn and brake worse...worse gas mileage and more power than most Amateurs ever use off-road...how many times does the average 300 buyer ever go WOT? ...or say..."I wish I had more power".?🤡

I do think a simpler, less expensive, de-tuned non-power valve engine would be interesting...👍

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SlowDinoDog said:

a modern 350cc or 400cc engine would be more weight and more rotational inertia...more waste heat...would turn and brake worse...worse gas mileage and more power than most Amateurs ever use off-road...how many times does the average 300 buyer ever go WOT? ...or say..."I wish I had more power".?🤡

I do think a simpler, less expensive, de-tuned non-power valve engine would be interesting...👍

haha good point!!

• Haha 1

Half of the 300 riders shift more than 250 riders do to stay out of the power. 

I enjoyed my 380exc because it was geared up as a dual sport and mostly ridden in sand. Now i dont even want a 300 for offroad only. 

I do think there might be a small market for a mellow 50-55 hp counter balanced e start MX pinger. 350-400 2t cc can easily be easier to ride than a 250t in mx trim.  Less so for most offroad only guys. 

• Like 1

No thanks. A 250 does everything I need.

10 hours ago, Fatt_Tones said:

A properly tuned 300 has loads and loads of torque, so I am not sure a larger bike is needed.  If anything they (as Beta has) should consider bringing back the 200.

Beta has a 200 available. Check Youtube for the 200RR.

10 hours ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Yep, I have seen a huge increase in Beta ownership here in AZ. Seen a noticeable increase in Sherco as well but not like Beta.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SS109 said:

Beta has a 200 available. Check Youtube for the 200RR.

Yeah I’ve seen it.  That’s what I meant by my reference to Beta in parentheses in my original post.   Looks like a sweet machine :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Similar to what others have said, 300 has so much usable power. I just can't see even the must advance riders needing more. Maybe Hill climb competition riders, but those bikes can be highly custom anyways.

Edited by 1.21GW
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Beta300recat said:

Obi Wan faggotry.jpg

Electric bikes suck!

You can add the following to the list;

Electric weed whackers, leaf blowers, etc, etc 

I love internal combustion engines. Lol

• Like 2