Jump to content
RideWithWill

would you like to see 350 400 cc 2 strokes?

Recommended Posts

so kind of crossed my mind, seems most 2 strokes in the enduro world are starting to have more "low end" power and makes me wonder if a 350 or 400cc would be a nice line from say KTM or yamaha or something. Would you guys buy a 400cc 2 stroke? or would it be a bad idea?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, a good 300 is a brute. Don't need more power though I suppose a bigger motor could be more mildly tuned and last longer. Maybe ditch the power valve and build something like a giant trials engine. I'd go for that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nope.

The way of the future ( at least according the bike manufacturers that matter) is a 4 stroke in everyones garage.

Beta and gas gas don't sell enough bikes to matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fore-50 said:

nope.

The way of the future ( at least according the bike manufacturers that matter) is a 4 stroke in everyones garage.

Beta and gas gas don't sell enough bikes to matter. 

Beta is the fastest growing forum on TT. You're right, but maybe not forever. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Beta is the fastest growing forum on TT. You're right, but maybe not forever. 

I only seen one Beta dealer in Canada. it was out west.

I haven't seen one Beta at a trail head or anywhere for that matter. They look like great bikes but hard to compete with large scale manufacturers with deep marketing pockets..like Honda. However, I have seen countless ALTA's ( electric dirt bikes) at tracks, even saw one on a trail in Michigan.

Come hell or high water. Electric bikes are the future. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RideWithWill said:

so kind of crossed my mind, seems most 2 strokes in the enduro world are starting to have more "low end" power and makes me wonder if a 350 or 400cc would be a nice line from say KTM or yamaha or something. Would you guys buy a 400cc 2 stroke? or would it be a bad idea?

a modern 350cc or 400cc engine would be more weight and more rotational inertia...more waste heat...would turn and brake worse...worse gas mileage and more power than most Amateurs ever use off-road...how many times does the average 300 buyer ever go WOT? ...or say..."I wish I had more power".?🤡

I do think a simpler, less expensive, de-tuned non-power valve engine would be interesting...👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SlowDinoDog said:

a modern 350cc or 400cc engine would be more weight and more rotational inertia...more waste heat...would turn and brake worse...worse gas mileage and more power than most Amateurs ever use off-road...how many times does the average 300 buyer ever go WOT? ...or say..."I wish I had more power".?🤡

I do think a simpler, less expensive, de-tuned non-power valve engine would be interesting...👍

haha good point!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Half of the 300 riders shift more than 250 riders do to stay out of the power. 

 I enjoyed my 380exc because it was geared up as a dual sport and mostly ridden in sand. Now i dont even want a 300 for offroad only. 

 I do think there might be a small market for a mellow 50-55 hp counter balanced e start MX pinger. 350-400 2t cc can easily be easier to ride than a 250t in mx trim.  Less so for most offroad only guys. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No thanks. A 250 does everything I need.

10 hours ago, Fatt_Tones said:

 

A properly tuned 300 has loads and loads of torque, so I am not sure a larger bike is needed.  If anything they (as Beta has) should consider bringing back the 200.

 

Beta has a 200 available. Check Youtube for the 200RR.

10 hours ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Beta is the fastest growing forum on TT. You're right, but maybe not forever. 

Yep, I have seen a huge increase in Beta ownership here in AZ. Seen a noticeable increase in Sherco as well but not like Beta.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SS109 said:

 

Beta has a 200 available. Check Youtube for the 200RR.

 

Yeah I’ve seen it.  That’s what I meant by my reference to Beta in parentheses in my original post.   Looks like a sweet machine :thumbsup:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Similar to what others have said, 300 has so much usable power. I just can't see even the must advance riders needing more. Maybe Hill climb competition riders, but those bikes can be highly custom anyways.

Edited by 1.21GW
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Beta300recat said:

 

Obi Wan faggotry.jpg

Electric bikes suck!

You can add the following to the list;

Electric weed whackers, leaf blowers, etc, etc 

I love internal combustion engines. Lol

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...