Yo! I got an 2017 Apollo 70cc Clutchless (Semi Auto) Chinese bike. I bought it brand new to learn how to wheelie. Now from the start it needed a few things, a name branded carb (Mikuni), some new tires and tubes, and some bars and shock. I bought all four of those. The two important things are the PT Mini Bars and that shock. Well the bars are good, but the rear shock is slightly bad IMO.

So when I first rode it, I wasn't able to move the bike since I weigh 220+ and the bike is made for 10 year olds, making the spring squish to each other. So I went on eBay and bought a non-named brand shock for $25 (yes, a chinese shock, for $25). So while riding it, it is absolutely amazing, but when lifting the bike, it compresses the spring and I feel a hard hit and then it comes up. I tried tightening the shock, but the chrome adjuster won't move. After that, even if I WOT, the bike comes up for 1 second and then drops back down. I'm not hitting the rear brake, but am hovering over it. What's up with that?

Here's the shock I bought: https://www.ebay.com/itm/250MM-10MM-SHOCK-ABSORBER-SUSPENSION-SHOCKER-Mini-QUAD-ATV-BIKE-Cart-400LBS/142402885652?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Here's one that I found.. better or nah?: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pit-Bike-Rear-Shock-Suspension-for-SDG-SSR-125-Taotao-Coolste-250mm-10-Dirt-US/112631086397

Next, I bought some pads off a 2012 CRF50F, but they don't fit. So it'll line up with the block, but won' with the screw. It has a whole instead of an arch if that makes any sense (pics below). What brakes do I put? Link?

I also bought some riser clamps for the bar, but it looks like the tree itself has an arch. Could I just buy the whole tree-clamp kit and just use the top tree or do I have to change it all (with the whole steering, forks, and all that)? I know it depends on how the forks line up and all, but does anyone know? 

What I bought: https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-8-HANDLEBAR-HANDLE-BAR-RISER-for-CRF50-110-125cc-KLX-TTR-TAOTAO-Dirt-BIKE-su/112696941668?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Here's what I want: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-TRIPLE-CLAMP-SET-W-RISER-HONDA-SSR-SDG-125CC-107CC-110CC-Pit-Bike-H-TC01/181056645677

Or maybe this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIPLE-Tree-CLAMP-SET-W-RISER-for-front-fork-SSR-SDG-Pit-Bike-9-TC02/182611502398

I also need some footpegs because I'm a size 12 shoe, and these things are small as hell. Link to one you have?

Are these bigger?: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Foot-Peg-for-CRF80-CRF100-taotao-ssr-crf50-klx-ttr-110cc-125cc-Pit-bike-su/112404456940?var=412804823682

Next, I'll be needing an FMF Pipe WITH a Spark Arrestor.

Will this one fit? (For a CRF50): https://www.ebay.com/itm/CRF50-XR-50-2000-19-FMF-PowerCore-4-Spark-Arrestor-Full-System-w-Header-040011/233290142499?hash=item36512d1323:g:BLQAAOSwp~pdL7X7&vxp=mtr

The two important things are the footpegs and the FMF. I know what size shock is needed (shown in the ad I purchased from), just want to make sure it can resist my wheelies haha. Let me know if you can help! Thanks!

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_6176.jpg

IMG_6177.jpg

I don't know how big you are but if you have 3 full size dirt bikes in the stables, you are probably too big for this pit bike.

I really don't want to ruin your plans and I am definitely not saying that pit bikes are good for nothing but, for the price of the whole thing and the purpose you want to build this for, you could have saved big just learning on any of either your wr, yz or yzf and just replacing whatever you manage to break. You could even throw on some old plastics if you really don't want to scuff up your baby. 

Honestly, you would

a) learn much better (granted you don't want to be strictly wheeling clutchless pitbikes)

and b) not have to go through the hassle of making this pit bike even capable of getting the front end up

Just my 0.2$.

On 9/13/2019 at 12:28 PM, Samuel Theriault said:

I don't know how big you are but if you have 3 full size dirt bikes in the stables, you are probably too big for this pit bike.

I really don't want to ruin your plans and I am definitely not saying that pit bikes are good for nothing but, for the price of the whole thing and the purpose you want to build this for, you could have saved big just learning on any of either your wr, yz or yzf and just replacing whatever you manage to break. You could even throw on some old plastics if you really don't want to scuff up your baby. 

Honestly, you would

a) learn much better (granted you don't want to be strictly wheeling clutchless pitbikes)

and b) not have to go through the hassle of making this pit bike even capable of getting the front end up

Just my 0.2$.

Yea I am like 6'1 maybe 6'2, weigh like 220... so yea, I'm huge lol. I would practice on my WR supermoto, but I can't get the clutch ups right, nor could I remember the rear brake. Yes, it's practice makes perfect, but I can't do it on my WR rn lol. I'd rather just learn rear brake with the pit bike haha

Still lookin to see if the new red shock could resist my "wheelies"... also are those black pegs bigger? Lmk!

-SKIP IF YA WANT-

Hey! I'm a 16 year old wanaabe motovlogger by the name of Goon Rides. I have owned 10 YZ125's, 1 YZ250F, and a 2012 WR250R Supermoto! I just picked up a mic so now I'll be making videos of me riding my pitbike,  practicing wheelies, riding with my friends, and doing MANY builds. 

watch the mods remove this!! They don't want to see nobody win. Just a kid trying to get somewhat big doing what he loves. If they cared, they would leave this.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:28 PM, Samuel Theriault said:

Honestly, you would

Just my 0.2$.

I agree. Wouldn't put that much money into a Chinese bike. Parts break easily on Chinese bikes. Only good thing is parts are cheap. 

I would practice on a more reliable bike with a clutch. It's going to be hard going from a clutchless bike to one with a clutch. Don't get me wrong wheeling on a Chinese pitbike is fun, I just wouldn't dump all that money into it.

On 9/21/2019 at 3:44 AM, Organic7 said:

I agree. Wouldn't put that much money into a Chinese bike. Parts break easily on Chinese bikes. Only good thing is parts are cheap. 

I would practice on a more reliable bike with a clutch. It's going to be hard going from a clutchless bike to one with a clutch. Don't get me wrong wheeling on a Chinese pitbike is fun, I just wouldn't dump all that money into it.

It's maybe $200-$300 max haha, not the end of the world, although I get what you're saying

• Like 1