Suzuki stops producing motocross bikes!!

Hey guys.

I’m very curious to see if suzuki will still be making mx bike in the near future cause the way they are going atm I don’t believe they will be. We have super low sales of them in nz. I’d say max of 15 of the new model! Suzuki no longer have a factory mxgp team now either!

WhAt do you guys think?

Are the slowly pulling out?

image.png

2 hours ago, William1 said:

Sky is falling. Suzuki is not going anywhere. They may pull out of a market if it does not make economic sense but as a company, sales are strong worldwide. Tons of bikes in India, Chia, Indonesia ect.

Chia bikes?  Wow!  Like this? ?

chiabike.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

They should mark Down the rmx450z to $4999. They’d sell many at that price. I could plate that bike here easy. Instead, they’re $9,000. :bonk:

Right.  Who in their right mind would pay that when you can buy a CRF, YZ or even KX?

Just now, BOAB said:

Right.  Who in their right mind would pay that when you can buy a CRF, YZ or even KX?

It’s a re-heated 2008 model so nobody will be paying 9 grand for it so they sit on the dealers floor only to be liquidated later on for much less. Can’t find them used anywhere either cuz nobody buys them new. 

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

Are those bikes MX models which is the focus of this thread?

All types. If Suzuki was only selling 15 MX bikes in a particular market, I have no doubt they'd stop importing them. Manufacturers stop importing many models that do not sell well in a particular market. If they do not sell worldwide, they stop making them altogether. Sames goes with all stuff. Look at some of the big three 2S offerings in other countries. People complain that they are not sold here. Mostly because they'd only sell 15....