690 enduro R quickshifter will only down shift

Hey guys,

I just picked up my 2nd KTM 690 (first one was stolen) and the quickshifter is only functioning for downshifts. It also is very tight compared to my first bike. Has anyone else encountered this? Any suggestions? If not I'll take her back in on the weekend and get them to check it out. 

Edit: so after a bit more riding I've figured out that the quickshifter only works when the throttle is closed.

Edited by Callan Parsons
Update

14 hours ago, Callan Parsons said:

I've figured out that the quickshifter only works when the throttle is closed.

The Q/S should function when the throttle is open.  That's actually the point of a Q/S for upshifting.  I've found that it actually works better (more smooth/seamless) at higher rpm and with harder acceleration, compared to using it for lazy riding.  Accordingly, I use the clutch for riding normally around town, and use the Q/S when I'm riding hard.  Also, I noticed that my transmission loosened up a lot during the break in period, and the Q/S works better now than when it was new.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RDA71 said:

The Q/S should function when the throttle is open.  That's actually the point of a Q/S for upshifting.  I've found that it actually works better (more smooth/seamless) at higher rpm and with harder acceleration, compared to using it for lazy riding.  Accordingly, I use the clutch for riding normally around town, and use the Q/S when I'm riding hard.  Also, I noticed that my transmission loosened up a lot during the break in period, and the Q/S works better now than when it was new.

Yeah there is definitely something not working quite right. I can take it up near the redline and it won't shift but the second the throttle closes it shifts, same on downshifts and it even blips the throttle. 

• 3 months later...

Device on your shift pedal that cuts the engine momentarily to allow up shifting and blips the throttle to allow downshifting. The rider doesn’t need to use the clutch except to pull away.
Not the best invention in the world and more suited to race machines.

• 2 weeks later...