Hannah Gliniewicz

How to safely load a dirt bike into the bed of a truck (by yourself)?

38 minutes ago, SnowMule said:

I just ride it up. :excuseme:

i-ZMFxkjt-L.jpg

Caliber Ramp Pro (with center section removed), Power Wagon (38" bed height).

I always ride my bike and my wife's into the truck...my daughter rides her own into the truck.

I'm 54 and not real big.  I use an aluminum curved ramp for the bike and a 2x8 wood ramp with an angled plate bolted on the end to walk up.  My bike ramp has a ratchet strap attached to it about 2/3 of the way up, and I always hook it to my hitch when loading to keep the ramp from sliding.  With this method I usually power my bike up the ramp.  I try to get some momentum first but with the ramp cinched down it is less likely to spit the ramp out if you give it too much gas.  I think it's a lot safer than using a step or milk crate. I like the plank because it's a nice flat surface.  I need to put some grip tape on it though because it can get a little slimy when wet.

I'm 54 and not real big.  I use an aluminum curved ramp for the bike and a 2x8 wood ramp with an angled plate bolted on the end to walk up.  My bike ramp has a ratchet strap attached to it about 2/3 of the way up, and I always hook it to my hitch when loading to keep the ramp from sliding.  With this method I usually power my bike up the ramp.  I try to get some momentum first but with the ramp cinched down it is less likely to spit the ramp out if you give it too much gas.  I think it's a lot safer than using a step or milk crate. I like the plank because it's a nice flat surface.  I need to put some grip tape on it though because it can get a little slimy when wet.

The old days ,chevy short bed 38"tires,6" lift,but someone was always along or around,kids came into picture n park the tall 4x4 n got a stationwagon,a 1983 4door 4x4 1ton,that tailgate was only 3" lower,so when the kids bikes got bigger got a shortbed (bed only) n made that into a matching  trailer,people would pull around that to pass n say "thought I was passing two trucks",with kids off doin they own thing n old n sore bones I got me a 1969 chev longbed trk, lowered it 3" n now sometimes don't even need the ramp depending on where its parked the tailgate is only 3" off the ground.