AVP89

Carb and sprocket questions

Hello all hope I am posting in correct topic area. I have a 1985 Honda XL350R Dual carburetor with stock gearing 14 front 40 rear. First thing, my fuel tube was leaking so I bought an O-ring and gasket kit to repair. Tore down carbs and cleaned the hell out of them. I then eagerly test rode. Fired up in two kicks and ran like a champ. A day or two went by and I then wanted to take it for another spin. Started right up two or three kicks. Awesome! But after riding for about 5 to 10 minutes throttle response was gone. Idles fine, but when put in gear and give it 1/4 throttle it falls on its face and dies if I don't let up. What could cause this ladies and gents? Any knowledge and suggestions are very appreciated. Next question is gearing. I plan on doing 90% trail riding with it and if I get good enough would like to start practicing some tougher enduro stuff. Will this stock gearing work for me or should I re-gear to get a little more torque. I am new to the dirt bike/enduro world due to wasting 10 years on road bikes lol.

Thanks,

AVP89

57504217_2312431225690713_3846148990299013120_o.jpg