smallz700r

Kx250 rattle

53 minutes ago, turbo dan said:

Order up a Pro-x rod kit and find a local shop to rebuild it.  There are a few places that do it here in Albuquerque so I presume you should be able to find somebody up in MI.  Costs about $60 out here.

I would order up new, genuine kawasaki main bearings and crank seals too. 

Got some pics of the rod?  Usually they show discoloration on the big end when they start to go.

This? https://www.partsgiant.com/p356735-prox-connecting-rod-kit?m=313670&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2efrBRD3ARIsAEnt0egPRI96dZfb1rA7uMJGo7gqANZCoLTdO0UKZD-8_8lTcG1EftLZp4waAgWmEALw_wcB&f=112134

19 hours ago, smallz700r said:

Ann Arbor area but a little south by Dundee. Never seen a crank with so much vertical play, amazing piston didnt blow!

I have a buddy that lives in Lansing that can probably help you. He rebuilds his bikes on his own. I can ask him for you.

• Helpful 1

On 9/13/2019 at 11:12 AM, FPMXer said:

I have a buddy that lives in Lansing that can probably help you. He rebuilds his bikes on his own. I can ask him for you.

That would be awesome! My brother lives south of lansing in Rives Junction, hes got a kx250 too! 

On 9/13/2019 at 11:12 AM, FPMXer said:

He got a number FPMX?