Jump to content

2020 KLX300R New Owners Sound Off


Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Cory Gordon said:

Lmfao! I think you need a purple chain and sprocket for KTM’s to unlock its full potential. KTM’s have heavy air filters and handlebars to begin with so the added weight of the plastic straws is probably what’s slowing it down. Replace your handlebars with a balsa wood broom shaft and try filling your tires with expanding foam instead of using an inner tube that should save some weight and help gain some horsepower. 

Damn it! I read your post 21hrs ago and did all suggestions. It's tough to find balsa wood for handlebars on Sunday! Anyway, I did it all, put the former 60 HP KTM ony garage dyno, it lost 15 more horsepower! And the sandbag on the bars keeps breaking the balsa wood!? I'm bummed. What do I do!?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, 74 Moto said:

Keeps us young. The guy on the KTM in the thumbnail is 60. I usually don’t see much of him….fast. 

About 50% of the guys I know that ride orange are that age or older, and they ride well. The other 50% have zero reasons to spend that kind of money on a bike that early on in life, and couldn’t ride a Honda to its full potential 🤣 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Rev Armstrong said:

About 50% of the guys I know that ride orange are that age or older, and they ride well. The other 50% have zero reasons to spend that kind of money on a bike that early on in life, and couldn’t ride a Honda to its full potential 🤣 

I'm getting so damn old I can't ride both of my KTM s to their full potential! Guess I'll just have to go back to riding one bike at a time...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DON JUAN said:

I put 18 oz of 10w in mine. I weigh approx 210 w/gear and it seems like it improved the action. I would still like to be able to bleed air from them after each ride. That may be my next project. Hope this helps.

Yep, helps a lot. Thanks for the info. Getting ready to change the oil. Any surprises or pretty straight forward?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No surprises, just remember to keep everything clean. But not my first time to service forks. The only issue I have, as with any fork, is guessing the amount of oil to install to get to get what you want out of them. If you put in too much or too little, then you have to do it again. Guess my OMS kicking in again!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DON JUAN said:

No surprises, just remember to keep everything clean. But not my first time to service forks. The only issue I have, as with any fork, is guessing the amount of oil to install to get to get what you want out of them. If you put in too much or too little, then you have to do it again. Guess my OMS kicking in again!

Yea, I’ve done KTM forks, just haven’t serviced these yet. Thanks for the info. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kept the 300R, so I’m still a member…but look what showed up at my house yesterday! Huge shout out to my amazing wife who said, “Go buy what you want for the big 50”.   After three weeks of mulling it over and out riding now for the first time, I am super excited about my decision. And yes, @Singletrackfoevah influenced me. 😬

DA4C1C10-F7AF-45D5-AB2C-2875A63F6AEA.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 74 Moto said:

I kept the 300R, so I’m still a member…but look what showed up at my house yesterday! Huge shout out to my amazing wife who said, “Go buy what you want for the big 50”.   After three weeks of mulling it over and out riding now for the first time, I am super excited about my decision. And yes, @Singletrackfoevah influenced me. 😬

DA4C1C10-F7AF-45D5-AB2C-2875A63F6AEA.jpeg

Omg congrats!!! Is that a 250? Can’t quite make out the sticker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 74 Moto said:

I kept the 300R, so I’m still a member…but look what showed up at my house yesterday! Huge shout out to my amazing wife who said, “Go buy what you want for the big 50”.   After three weeks of mulling it over and out riding now for the first time, I am super excited about my decision. And yes, @Singletrackfoevah influenced me. 😬

DA4C1C10-F7AF-45D5-AB2C-2875A63F6AEA.jpeg

Killer bike! Congratulations!

Keep us posted on your ride review(s) and comparisons between bikes!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Singletrackfoevah said:

Niiiiiiiice!!!! How do you like the gearing? Or spread there of?

It’s what I’m used to so I like it. It spoils up so quick. I did ride a 2020 300xc-w on Saturday. It’s a great bike and almost bought one. I guess you get accustomed to the W. I kept wanting to downshift. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, 74 Moto said:

It’s what I’m used to so I like it. It spoils up so quick. I did ride a 2020 300xc-w on Saturday. It’s a great bike and almost bought one. I guess you get accustomed to the W. I kept wanting to downshift. 

Ha!  Just re-read this. The bike spools up quickly, not spoils up. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...