Sign in to follow this  
filterx

Blank screens and posting issues

Question

I've refreshed firefox.

2 issues

1) I have not had white blank screens for a long time but I've had say 10 in the last week.

2) I post a replay. It post's but it then also is still saving it and then I can get out of the topic and got back to review, edit my post if needed.

Top pic shows the end of my saved post and continuation to the bottom shows its still saving the same save post.

Clipboard01.jpg.1b76883f068cf2ae590cd1df04a14eec.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg.731cb80c6d81c00525510812edc6f47c.jpg

10 answers to this question

On 9/24/2019 at 8:20 AM, Brian Wilson said:

I know you’re team and don’t see ads anyway, but by any chance are you using Firefox or running any privacy/ad blocker plugins in your browser?

Yes but its disabled off for TT.

I have not gotten either of these 2 issues since I posted this but today I've been getting this when hitting back in my browser after reading a topic and going back to the forum.

Clipboard01.jpg.b5345e3be8d5f2c9c49683724a7fdefc.jpg

Looks like its only happening in the TTT forum but I need to confirm that.

Its happened in this forum after i posted and used forum navigation under the banner move back and forth in the forum.

Edited by filterx

I justed cleared this a couple of times, exited/restarted FireFox each time and if actually a bit worse today.

Clipboard01.jpg.910b3fdf066e96263f4612f2816a84ca.jpg

I only use TT from my home laptop and now that I think about it I recently updated to Windows 10 1093 (major update) but that was like 2 weeks ago and way before the screen issue's I'm getting know cus they started after my previous bug post.

I'll try TT with same version of FireFox etc on my work computer without the Windows update tomorrow as a test

Testing on the same laptop with IE and not getting the same issue with the display but TT now does not refresh correctly, way way slower with TT compared to some other sites/forums.

I’d need to do a screen share with you. I have a feeling one of the privacy blockers is causing it. There’s probably a way I can fix it for team members, I Just need to see it first hand to fix it though. 

PM me with a time that works for you and we’ll do a screen share and find the issue

Hey Brian,

I tested at work today with same version of FF and no issues and ironically the notifications seemed to work. It showed 11 and there were only 11 bolded in the list. At home showing 3 new and only 3 bolded.

At home as you suggested even thought I had the ad blocker disabled for TT, then globally disabled it I still had the same issue and just removed it completely , exited FF came back and screen display now works fine in TT.

I now remember that I did reinstall one when I last refreshed FF and can't remember if the new one was the same as the previous one.

I really only use the ad blocker for one site so I'll try another one and thanks cus now know what to check first

EDIT: so FF completely refreshed no ad blocker installed, rebooted and the rest of the site works fine but for some reason I'm still getting the screen issue but its now only in the TTT What Did You do Today and only when I read the last post, back out etc. Maybe something with the 47000 replies cus the others with 2000 etc work fine?

This had been making my head spin and I'm around all weekend and I'll PM you later to set something up Sat or Sun.

Edited by filterx
  • Like 1

So today I'm not getting the issue with the What Did You Do Today topic or anywhere else with the site.

I still find this funny cus I've always had an ad blocker installed disabled for TT and for some reason my issue only started days after I had reinstalled it after a complete FF refresh.

Frigging confusers eeerrrr computers  :)

3 hours ago, filterx said:

So today I'm not getting the issue with the What Did You Do Today topic or anywhere else with the site.

I still find this funny cus I've always had an ad blocker installed disabled for TT and for some reason my issue only started days after I had reinstalled it after a complete FF refresh.

Frigging confusers eeerrrr computers  :)

Most likely whatever blocker you were using blocks JavaScript, and not just ads. Since the notifications are loaded with JavaScript and also paging through topics is also JavaScript it makes sense that’s what’s going on. 

for whatever reason, the blocker wasn’t honoring your whitelist settings and was breaking the JavaScript the site uses to navigate

• Like 1

So have not changed anything and reading every topic etc TT works fine EXCEPT the TTT What Did You Do Today topic which has like 48000 replies and still getting the weird screen issue and the Random Pics  topic with 47000 replies works fine.

Not sure why only one specific topic would cause this?

Clipboard01.jpg.c34c1f033250299b8cfcf5d9aac1bd6c.jpg

Edited by filterx