• Gaerne
    • Moose Racing
    • O'Neal Racing
    • Shift
    • Shot Race Gear
    • Sidi
    • TCX
    • Thor

Gearne soles are definitely the best in the Business (longevity wise), but they are tailored towards wide feet to very wide feet.  The sidis seem opposite very narrow feet, I have a 9.5 B width foot and the version with replacable soles were so narrow, was too annoying(length was perfect), Id like to try the standard sewn sole, but sidis are like non existant in my area.  Alpinestars Tech 7 , the archs so high they are painful, and I wore alpinestars for years, maybe the Tech 8 standard sole more to what Im used to.

To me Gearnes are top of the line Build wise, but I just don't like the fit, to wide and too short, size 9 too short, size ten to wide. I have size 10 gearnes with a thick insole and 2 pair of socks, Prefer smaller boots, better at the controls, verses feeling like have clod Hopper feet.

So I deal with Gearnes until I come across a better fit, on next purchase.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, sorbales said:

I suspect this will be a "what boots do you own?" poll.

I own Gaerne,Alpinestars and Forma. The Alp's did NOT get my vote because of my latest tech 8 issues.Jury is out on the Forma's as it's still to early to tell.My six year old SG10's are hands down the best boots I have ever owned.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

4 hours ago, ThumperTalk said:

Poll: Best Brands of MX Boots for 2019. Select the brand(s) that you believe make the best MX boots in the business!

best_boot.jpg

Had a pair of fox comp 5 boots before I got my tech 7's. The alpine star tech 7's are by far superior in comfort, protection as well as their buckle system. To be honest I've been very disappointed with all of the fox gear I've spent money on. Boots - garbage, chest protector -garbage, titan arm and leg guards garbage and garbage. Leatt and alpine star are the go to now. Never been disappointed with either.

4 minutes ago, Shawn McLean said:

Had a pair of fox comp 5 boots before I got my tech 7's. The alpine star tech 7's are by far superior in comfort, protection as well as their buckle system. To be honest I've been very disappointed with all of the fox gear I've spent money on. Boots - garbage, chest protector -garbage, titan arm and leg guards garbage and garbage. Leatt and alpine star are the go to now. Never been disappointed with either.

Had a major wreck in your a stars yet? They’re like house slippers imo protection wise. 

2 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Had a major wreck in your a stars yet? They’re like house slippers imo protection wise. 

Alpines have a toe cage which makes me feel better about protection than fox which doesn't have a toe cage. Fox and alpine i I've rocked. What do you guys suggest for best foot protection.? I hit my foot on a log not too hard in the fox and my foot was black and blue for a month 

Edited by Shawn McLean

Just now, Shawn McLean said:

Alpines have a toe cage which makes me feel better about protection than fox which doesn't have a toe cage. Fox and alpine i I've rocked. What do you guys suggest for best foot protection.? 

Haha what I own. Gaerne Or forma. 

Broke three toes in a star during minor impact. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

2 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Haha what I own. Gaerne Or forma. 

Broke three toes in a star during minor impact. 

Dam. Well my stars are more than half way through their lifespan. What is the price range for the gaerne boots

Edited by Shawn McLean

I'm a fan of Gaerne for sure. SGs have always treated me well. I tried some Sidis, but found the instep too shallow and they hurt my feet. I really wanted to like them too. My latest boots are a pair of TXC Comp EVOs and they are right up there with Gaerne in my experience.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

I'm a fan of Gaerne for sure. SGs have always treated me well. I tried some Sidis, but found the instep too shallow and they hurt my feet. I really wanted to like them too. My latest boots are a pair of TXC Comp EVOs and they are right up there with Gaerne in my experience.

Got some tcx cheapies for my son. Had to use rocks to pound the buckle closed and a flathead screw driver to open the buckle. And then the dissimilar materials begin separating at the seams. Likely their upper end models way better but the cheapies aren’t too great. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

I've had two sets of TCX and liked them. I did find that the second set fell apart faster than the first. Not sure why.

Now in Tech7s but wanting to give Sidis or another set of TCX ago if I dont get tech10s.  

2 hours ago, Bryan Bosch said:

I just ordered the new gaerne sg12 2019 enduro. It’s got a redesigned toe box and sole. Will do a review once I got a gnarly ride on them. 

I have had sidi srs2, 3 pairs and the sg11. 

I’ve also got the sidi adv goretex for very wet days. It’s a great boot and nearly as stout as a moto boot. 

Edited by TigerTanker
  • Helpful 1

3 hours ago, Shawn McLean said:

Dam. Well my stars are more than half way through their lifespan. What is the price range for the gaerne boots

The sg12 can be bought for about $500

• Like 1

I did not vote for them cause i wont own another pair, but i have had 2 pairs of comp 5`s. The first pair was a size to small. Bought my normal size, but really needed a size bigger. Could not send them back, so i sold them on ebay. The current pair are comfortable, but i have only ridden in them a dozen or so times and had a buckle break. The also come unbuckled very easily. They seem to offer good protection and are comfortable, even when i have walked in them. Just do not like the overall quality.

I have an old pair of Gaerne not sure the model, that i think i bought in like 2000. They where in storage for about 15 years while i was away from the sport. Dusted them off a few years ago when i got back into the sport. They are showing their age, but are still comfortable. They will be replaced after the first of the year with another pair of gaerne i have been looking at the BALANCE PRO-TECH. I want to try a trails boot for the comfort and not worried about sacrificing some shin protection as i wear the evs TP 199`s that have good coverage.

Edited by Eric72