Is a 2015 Wr250f a good year model?

I have a '15 WR250f that I race and trail ride with 240 hours on it. Valves are still in spec as of last week and still on the same piston. I change the oil every 6-10 hours or less depending on ride/race conditions. Air filter is changed often as I have three of them to rotate through. $4700 could be a good price, just depends on the condition and how it was taken care of. Great bike and the suspension is really good. Is it stock or has the ECU and exhaust been changed? The comp ECU is a must for that bike, wakes it up to match the FX.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

33 minutes ago, tmac1366 said:

I have a '15 WR250f that I race and trail ride with 240 hours on it. Valves are still in spec as of last week and still on the same piston. I change the oil every 6-10 hours or less depending on ride/race conditions. Air filter is changed often as I have three of them to rotate through. $4700 could be a good price, just depends on the condition and how it was taken care of. Great bike and the suspension is really good. Is it stock or has the ECU and exhaust been changed? The comp ECU is a must for that bike, wakes it up to match the FX.

same boat here. 15 WRF.  I have the ECU and its great. Headlight/taillight  and the stock rear sprocket (50T) are the only differences to the FX baring the exhaust. 

• Helpful 1

Test road the 15 and talked to the previous owner. He said the bike would drain the battery quickly when not in use and he always had to keep it on a trickle charger. I’ve found electrical drains in cars hard to find and fix, what about bikes? I as also wondering if anybody found a map that improves low end torque? 

12 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Test road the 15 and talked to the previous owner. He said the bike would drain the battery quickly when not in use and he always had to keep it on a trickle charger. I’ve found electrical drains in cars hard to find and fix, what about bikes? I as also wondering if anybody found a map that improves low end torque? 

Bike doesn't just "drain" the battery. The battery is probably done. I just replaced my 2015 OEM battery a couple weeks back with a new one (Lithium) and its great.  Before that I  was trickle charging mine to keep it up. I have had the bike 2 years and the previous owner about 9 months. These OEM batteries don't last long. 

• Helpful 1

2 hours ago, mlatour said:

Check if any aftermarket electrical items have been added to the bike:

trip computer, cooling fan, brake light switch etc.

A small current draw from an improperly wired accessory could be draining the battery.

ah good point!

• Like 1

I found a thread on adding key switches and complaining about batteries dying. The bike I am looking at has blinkers, horns, and key switch added. Looks like the key needs to be deleted or properly wired. The bike also seemed to have a I guess you would call it a hanging idle problem. On another thread someone described it as, “It jumps from idle to like 4000 RPMs - nothing in between unless you work the clutch constantly.” Anybody else run into that?