Rekluse z start pro - go no-go adjustment

I have a new to me 06 300 xcw with the z start pro clutch. The clutch does not disengage at idle and will stall the bike going from neutral to first unless you get on the gas immediately. It has the medium wave spring and 27 steel balls. I went to check clearance with the gauges but they weren't even close to being able to fit. The instructions are not really clear on whether there is a minimum gap required, just if there is too big of one. Looking for recommendations on what to check next or changes to make.

Side note - It does have the LHRB kit with the short clear slave cylinder hose. I believe it is supposed to have 3" of fluid in it but doesn't. Will this create the problem I am having?

I am not super familiar with your bike. But I am familiar with the z-start pro. I can’t tell you about the clear hose. What I would do is use feeler gauges to get an accurate measurement on your installed gap. There is a minimum and an optimum. I always kept mine in the .030 - .040 area. Second I would call Rekluse after you know your installed gap. They are very helpful and will make sure to figure out your issue. 

I've been corresponding with tech support and they did indicate that .028 was the minimum allowed gap. Why they wouldn't include that in the manual seems strange. The manual just says if the gauges supplied with the kit don't fit, your good to go. Will be measuring them later to see what I got, but pretty certain the gap is too small. What is the remedy to enlarge the gap?

32 minutes ago, rratsbor said:

I've been corresponding with tech support and they did indicate that .028 was the minimum allowed gap. Why they wouldn't include that in the manual seems strange. The manual just says if the gauges supplied with the kit don't fit, your good to go. Will be measuring them later to see what I got, but pretty certain the gap is too small. What is the remedy to enlarge the gap?

Been a while since I installed mine but seem to remember my kit had a selection of different thickness plates. I think there were two or three choices. This was just replacing one of the plates to change the stack height.

So, I can’t say for sure there reasoning for the limited info. But I suspect they wanted to keep the instructions simple, and then provide more tech as needed, maybe, I guess. I think they could have included more. 

If your setup is the same as what I used, you should have 8 steel plates. They usually measure 6 at .048 and 2 at .042. Rekluse actually measures them all together in one stack to match there spec. You also should have an adjustment steel that measures in the .060 range. What you can do to make smaller adjustments is pull out a 42 plate and install another 48 plate. You could do that again also. And then down the road pull that out and go to a 60. In your case if it’s too tight you could pull a 48 and replace with a 42. Does that make sense? I think I tried to keep mine as close to 35 as possible. Measure your installed gap, then pull all the steel plates and measure each one.

I had a z start pro on my xc 250 I bought lightly used.  I would think if all the gaps are too tight for the provided Rekluse gage, the fibers are thin and the .06 plate needs to be used if not already.  Sounds like there could be one to many fiber and steels in the pack.