Yz426 f clutch basket external gouges

Hi team... I just inherited a 2002 yz426f .  It has some issues that I am trying to rehab.   The fella I got it from said the bike had some clutch issues.  While I am waiting for my manual to show up I started teardown of the right side of the case including clutch removal.  There are gouges all the way around the outside of the clutch basket and some gouging on the inside of the bottom of the case.  I cant tell if the bottom of the case had some factory machining done for clearance or if the basket super smashed the bottom of the case.  The pics below are what I have uncovered ... any input would be appreciated.  I saw an old thread where a fella had similiar symptoms but never articulated what caused it. I suspect the locking washer on the crank nut didnt clearance the basket?  The basket had a bit of lateral play but it was minimal... I cant imagine it was enough to shave the case like that but I didnt think the basket should have any kind of lateral movement at all.

I dont wanna buy a new clutch assembly only to have it grenade after a couple hrs....  thanks all

20190925_183945.jpg

20190925_183922.jpg

20190925_183909.jpg

The grooves are minimal. Don’t know about the marks on the case. Could be machine marks from the factory or a bad bearing? Can’t tell on my phone. Most of the time the clutch drags from overheated blued metal clutch plates. If they are blued replace them. 

There is a notable difference between the 426 and the 400 models one of the major things when people are using components from one or the other is the nut for the crankshaft on the clutch side, the clutch basket, the cylinde, piston, and of course the connecting rod.  I've put together a couple of recent Frankenstein's using different components of the two models and if you try to use a 426 clutch basket with a 400 nut you will not have the clearance for the 426 basket as the 426 nut gives you more clearance. This is just a theory however, but it would seem to me that you don't have a true 426

Ya... it would kinda make sense that the basket hit the nut retainer that wasnt folded up enough ... but the marks in the bottom of the case are intense... i am really hoping its factory machining. then had some chunky bits of the retainer dragged across it... make sense?

20190924_205117.jpg

Edited by rocky606
Spelling and added pic

The 426 nut is a smaller nut with the same thread that sits at a lower profile. I wouldn't be surprised if someone split the cases on a 426 put a 400 crank and rod combo and put a 2003 through 2009 YZ 450 piston on it using the 400's nut