CRF230F/L Timing chain question

So I pulled the flywheel to replace the cam chain. Bike is a 2003 and I don’t think it’s ever been changed. The chain I took off was literally an inch longer than my new pro-x chain. What I’m trying to figure out is how did it still run as good as it did with it that loose? The only single problem I’ve had and still have is that just about all of the time when I just barely twist the throttle, the rpms hang,  it if I blip it real quick they actually drop down but lower than where it was actually idling at. Could this be related to that chain? Already verified that the throttle cables are not bound up. Bike is jetted for sea level - 120 main, 45 pilot, needle 4th groove from top. Snorkel is out and exhaust also uncorked. Fuel screw 1.5 turns out.

Edited by HoosierDaddie

Also should mention that it does it even when I manually open throttle by turning the throttle linkage and letting is slowly go back to rest.

You did not mention if the carb float level is set properly?

Or if the engine valves are adjusted properly with a dead cold engine?

Or how you determined the idle mixture screw setting of 1.5 turns out from seated?

Is the cam timing been properly set and verified correct?

Float height is 13 mm. Timing is set properly. Valve clearance is .004 dead cold. Fuel screw is at 1.5 because that is where the rpms peak. They drop if I turn one way or the other.

Ok then, the only further suggestion that I can offer next is to use the clear hose method on the float bowl to verify the float level is indeed correct.
Make sure there are no vacuum leaks between the carb and cylinder head (carb spray, water in a spray bottle and propane vapor, all while the engine is running at an idle)
Next:
Then disassemble the carb completely, soak all components in a hot solution, ultrasonic cleaning machine.
(Harbor Freight)

And then try it again.

Good luck, let us know what you find out....

As far as vacuum leaks, I have checked for that. I should’ve mentioned it earlier. I checked with carb spray. No change in rpms. Actually thought that was gonna be the issue and it wasn’t. I will tear carb apart and soak it. I’m headed to harbor freight as we speak. I’m not familiar with the clear hose method. What is the proper procedure for that? 

I have plenty of self explanatory photos on the subject but, I’m a TT Team member with 10 years of posting during that time, I have not been able to (or allowed) to post any photos for almost a month.
I have reported the issue at least a dozen times about this issue but no help so far?