Oil loss ???

I have a 2009 rmz250, the engine was rebuilt two years ago, only had two rides and parked in the garage, I bought the bike and changed the oil, filter and so on, I have put about 6 to 8 hrs on the bike, lighter riding only, I wanted to change the oil again to make sure everything was good, I drained and found it to be down about 1/4 LTR down, no oil leaks, no smoke, no oil in coolant, any suggestions where it might go? 

Thanks.

Most 250F's will consume oil even when riding moderately, blame the low friction slipper piston design.

My CRF250X will burn 10-15ml per day even when slow trail riding, moreso on sustained rpm dirt roads, it's engine was also rebuilt 2 years ago.

Is the spark plug, exhaust tip or crankcase breather hose oily?

Pull the exhaust pipe off, you might find oily streaks on the exhaust valves (seals)

Loosing 1/4 liter (250ml) in just a few hours of usage would be huge, about 1/4 of the sump's total capacity.

Make sure you did not overfill the crankcase during the past oil change and, use the correct procedure for checking the oil level.

Most bikes require the engine to be warmed up before hand to check and, will usually show low on the dipstick (if equipped) when cold.

Tilting the bike side-to-side during and oil change can also get more oil to drain out.

Edited by mlatour