First time at Forresthill

5 hours ago, World Famous bigbob said:

“Love”.

I love all my motorcycles... but not equally. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Creek crossing was kinda like watching Fankiie turn on his camera.  😏

I don't get the reference ?

Just now, tmeyer37 said:

I don't get the reference ?

Oh he's famous on TT for turning on the camera... staring into the lens...  checking the red light...  putting on his helmet...  then his gloves...  little chit chat to the guy waiting...  starting the bike...  looking down the trail...  getting into gear...  it's a whole process that takes about half the video.

Your's wasn't nearly that bad...  but that first minute was a long one.  :cheers:

5 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Oh he's famous on TT for turning on the camera... staring into the lens...  checking the red light...  putting on his helmet...  then his gloves...  little chit chat to the guy waiting...  starting the bike...  looking down the trail...  getting into gear...  it's a whole process that takes about half the video.

Your's wasn't nearly that bad...  but that first minute was a long one.  :cheers:

HAHAHAHA ok then. It was funny in the moment I guess but didnt translate to video. I got completely soaked by him roosting me with water. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, tmeyer37 said:

HAHAHAHA ok then. It was funny in the moment I guess but didnt translate to video. I got completely soaked by him roosting me with water. 

That was the best part...  he had NO IDEA...  LOL

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, tmeyer37 said:

You ran the Dog Leg part of 5 pretty fast.  Ride it in the spring just after snow clears. It's awesome then.   I am riding Upper loop 5, not the hard parts this Saturday. I am done riding hard spots, but back in the day I rode the dog leg many many times.  Trail 5 is the Queen of the sierras! 

creek.jpg

mwh2.jpg

Edited by bigbob
  • Like 1

Was looking at the Big Sugar project and there is New trail to be cut from upper loop 5 all the way to Robinson flat. There is a NCWRs work day Nov 2nd. I am gong to join that work day and ask the ranger about that new leg

The future is bright at FH

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

With a route to Robinson there's the opportunity for a very good day's loop to make coming back on the WST.  The future is bright!

Map’s a year and a half old, and they probably “planned” for a while before they drew that up.  NCWRs still waiting for FS to pull stumps from T5 bypass of fire road section. Two years now?

If this extension gets built it will likely be justification for the majority of WST users to push harder to get motos banned from “their“ WST.

What year was the flooding that took out part of the track at ASRA’s Mammoth Bar? 

Have seen a lot more negative than positive in area over last 30 years.

• Sad 1

yes agree, its been all shit for 40 years now,  and now MB is nothing more the one bladed road that wraps around the park and even that dead ends not a full wrap, all vertical cross trails are closed

MB does not exist. it's gone 

still Ranger Matt Brownlee up in FH is helping by getting EIRs to establish new trails while closing others.