Kx250 1999 kx250

Hey guys I have a 1999 kx250 2 stroke how do I take down the bike in first and second gear I give it barely any throttle and it stands straight up to 12 o'clock with me on the gas tank 

Edited by Alex Gee

The tranny on that year sucks.  Look at swapping gear sets with another year or put in a kdx trans. Depending on what you are doing with the bike.

Or you could refine your throttle grip.

Use the search function for no1clyde kdx trans.

Edited by crypto666

You wanted a bad axx bike ,  now , learn to ride it ...        what sprocket sizes do you have  ...    13  /  48 is std.   .  

7 hours ago, Alex Gee said:

Hey guys I have a 1999 kx250 2 stroke how do I take down the bike in first and second gear I give it barely any throttle and it stands straight up to 12 o'clock with me on the gas tank 

Weight transfer, get your body weight forward and go

10 hours ago, crypto666 said:

The tranny on that year sucks.  Look at swapping gear sets with another year or put in a kdx trans. Depending on what you are doing with the bike.

Or you could refine your throttle grip.

Use the search function for no1clyde kdx trans.

The other gearsets are shorter.  Would make the power hit even harder in first and second.

3 minutes ago, turbo dan said:

The other gearsets are shorter.  Would make the power hit even harder in first and second.

Copy.  I was just thinking of the closely spaced first and second used that year, it is hard to tell which one is which.

Although the transmission may not be the answer here in any case.