6' 5" 220lbs rider, what bike for enduros

This will be user preference.. both will have the power to get you anywhere. I have a 4t currently and will be switching to the 2t in the next year. Reason being, I'm 6'2" and 260, my 250 struggles and I want to try something different with the 2t.

I'm 6 foot and 230lbs. I've done a few different kinds of races, several desert hare scrambles, desert enduro, gncc, and a Sprint enduro. I've done almost all on my xr600, the desert enduro I had a kdx220. While I don't have experience with the bikes you're asking about, here's what I've learned so far about racing.

Starting an older big bore 4 stroke is a pain and I won't race a 4 stroke again without e start or at least knowing it'll start easy.

My kdx didn't have the low rpm torque I needed when 5 guys were stuck on the steep hill in front of me and I had to go slow/around(other than that I loved racing/riding it). If you're in a race format that has that problem a lot, you'll appreciate low rpm torque to help you get through that kind of thing. I doubt you'd have that issue with either bike you're taking about.

Lighter wears you out less. Racing a big heavy bike isn't great for stamina. I think both bikes you're taking about are going to be fine in that department too, but the 2 stroke will be a little lighter. If you're looking at doing long races, I'd go light.

Just some stuff I've experienced, hope it helps. Above all else, have fun!

I own a 300 XC-W and a 350 XCF-W...  They are both awesome bikes.   If you are riding very tight enduros where you are doing extended periods under 10 MPH, the 300 will definitely be better. 

If your doing flowier stuff, then either the 300 or 350 will be great but they will definitely have very different characters.  The 300 is light, nimble, fun/exciting and has a ton of power right off idle.  The 350 is planted, easy to ride, confidence inspiring and the power is spread over a very wide range.   If you're doing the faster stuff you really need to decide if you prefer that 2-stroke character or 4-stroke character.

Doc

• Like 1

All depends on your experience level.  A 350 is NOT a beginner's bike.  Neither is a 300 2T for that matter.

On 9/26/2019 at 2:40 AM, ryn810 said:

What bike you suggest for enduro riding? Thinking 350 exc or 300 xc?? Thanks

I don't care how tall or heavy you are, what is your motorcycle experience level? (Be truthful.) 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 11:40 PM, ryn810 said:

What bike you suggest for enduro riding? Thinking 350 exc or 300 xc?? Thanks

Both are great. How about more background on you on experience and bikes youve ridden etc like some have mentioned? Just with your size it sounds like you can ride any full sized bike. A 350 or 300 should be great though..