Beta 200rr 2019 vs 2020 - Worth the extra cost?

Hi guys ,

I am considering buying a 200rr since I have a sweet deal on a 2019 model.

What are the major differences from 2019 to 2020 on the 200rr model only? 

I want to decide if its worth waiting and paying more for a 2020 or take a 2019.

Thank you

The info is all over there website, completely new chassis, plastics, suspension settings, map switch, foot pegs, bars etc etc ...... I’ve had both and the 2020 is a big step forward imo 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Parts support maybe? Aftermarket or otherwise.

One year bikes vs new gen which should be in service for a while.

I really like the 2019. Plastics, and consumables are all the same as other 2 stroke models that year and before and engine consumables are the same as the 2020. Pipe will be the same so, no issues there when aftermarket comes out and the silences are the same as all models back to 2013. Easier to get lower seat heath with just a seat change. I am guessing the 2019 is lighter since they have left that out as a talking point. I like the cooling set up much more on the 2019. The 2019 looks way better IMHO. Some people apparently have trouble installing a filter correctly but that has never been an issue for me. I think it is a great package and the build quality is excellent. If you want closed cartridge forks the 2020 race would be a cheaper option.

• Like 1

Parts support maybe? Aftermarket or otherwise.
One year bikes vs new gen which should be in service for a while.
Much more parts support for the 2019 right now many interchange with KTM.
  • Like 2

The info is all over there website, completely new chassis, plastics, suspension settings, map switch, foot pegs, bars etc etc ...... I’ve had both and the 2020 is a big step forward imo 
The 19 has the map switch and it is very effective.
  • Like 1

The map switch is in a better position and a nicer unit weight is slightly down on the 19 

The map switch is in a better position and a nicer unit weight is slightly down on the 19 
I have not seen that listed for the 2020. Only that it has a longer, heavier swing arm.

If it was the race edition where you didn't have to pay extra for the OI delete kit and got the better forks and the anodized bits then that makes the 2020 very appealing. Realistically you could use the money you save for protection and be ahead in my book. My prediction is the 2019 will reach cult status like the 2013s did. It is the height of refinement of the tested technology.

• Like 1

Wait, 2013 has a cult status? I missed that!

It was the first 2t’s. Had one, good bikes especially for a first year brand new bike, but nothing special about it. 

On the current subject, I’d definitely spend the extra on the 2020. A couple years from now the extra money spent won’t make any difference to you, but having a bike with the current frame/chassis will make you happier.  (I’m sure it’ll be the same for a few years)

• Like 4

A difficult call. The 2020 is a better bike but there are almost zero aftermarket parts at the moment. Also, with the exception of wheels and brakes, almost zero crossover for parts from previous years.

A good cash deal on a 2019 will let you buy all the extra bits you want and still have a great bike with a good resale price.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cullins said:

It was the first 2t’s. Had one, good bikes especially for a first year brand new bike, but nothing special about it. 

On the current subject, I’d definitely spend the extra on the 2020. A couple years from now the extra money spent won’t make any difference to you, but having a bike with the current frame/chassis will make you happier.  (I’m sure it’ll be the same for a few years)

It’s not a huge difference but there is a difference I notice and is a little bit better in off idle torque in the 13’ 300 rr for my local riding.I love my 15 to death but there is a slight difference. If my 13’ 300 rr wasn’t stolen Id still be happy with it. I don’t know about cult status but I remember the difference.

• Like 1

Look at the watch Mr. Cullins, watch it swing back and forth, you are getting sleepy, very sleepy, when i snap my fingers you will wake up and be part of the cult, the 2013 cult, you won't remember any of this conversation.......SNAP!
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I don’t know about cult status but I remember the difference.

Well, apparently is was abducted into a cult; not stolen. 😉

Personally, I'd either snap the deal on the 2019 or wait for the Race Edition.

Edited by Beta300recat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BassMan said:

If it was the race edition where you didn't have to pay extra for the OI delete kit and got the better forks and the anodized bits then that makes the 2020 very appealing. Realistically you could use the money you save for protection and be ahead in my book. My prediction is the 2019 will reach cult status like the 2013s did. It is the height of refinement of the tested technology.

Was at a dealer yesterday...offering discounts on 2019 390rrs, 2019 300 rr and the x trainer.....almost had me convinced to go the 390 route but said I’d be dumb to not get the 2020 if I went with the 300rr....I’m using this bike for fun n ride with my boys from double track to tight single not overly large hill climbs...a deal on the 2019 390 maybe the best options for me...now with RE announced there could be some 2019 going cheap 

Edited by somethingnuw

1 minute ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I put a curse on those that stole my 13’ 300 rr!!!!!!

I'd like to laugh but I'm afraid. :thinking:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, somethingnuw said:

now with RE announced there could be some 2019 going cheap

Yep.

When they announced the smaller rear shock and different colored forks on the '19's, the '18's got cheaper. :cheers:

• Like 1