Hatfield-McCoy Trail Ride

Throwing this up on it's own thread to not clog up the other. My buddy in KY said late November/Thanksgiving is the winter cut off before temps start dropping and snow shows up.

I'll ballpark mid-November dates, Veteran's Day weekend or 16/17 November...any interest?

5 hours ago, NorthernAlpine said:

Throwing this up on it's own thread to not clog up the other. My buddy in KY said late November/Thanksgiving is the winter cut off before temps start dropping and snow shows up.

I'll ballpark mid-November dates, Veteran's Day weekend or 16/17 November...any interest?

I am interested in doing a trip up there, but would have to be the weekend of Veterans day. Not the 16/17 Nov. I'd also have to do some persuading with the wife as it's a 6hr drive and would take the whole weekend for the trip.

• Like 1

Agree on the Vet's Day. I can probably make that work.

Mind you I just threw the date out there to try and sneak it in this year. Can definitely be moved to spring. I just assume that we needed to have a starting point for planning to see who is interested and get a feel for timeline/availability.

The NCHSA race at Brushy got pushed to Veteran's day weekend (10NOV), I think I'm going to jump on it. 

I still want to get up to WV but the season is getting pretty late, might start leaning for a spring weekend.

• Like 1

We're going to be discussing a Hatfield McCoy trip this weekend during the ride here at my house for April 10th thru 14th. Hopefully we'll try and get some details of where ,so if anyone wants to come we can all get together.

29 minutes ago, deezmx said:

What trail head are you all thinking about 

I think the most single track area will be what we're looking at.  I believe rock house has that. And probably get a guide if possible, so we can get the good stuff without riding all over the place. 

Edited by Edgecombe