Klx140g or kx100

I am getting rid of my Chinese 140cc four stroke dirtbike because It’s to easy for me to ride and at this point I’m beating it up a little riding because it is easy. I don’t know if I should go with the klx140g If that would be to similar to the 140 Chinese one I have now or go to a kx100. I’m 5ft 2 and just under 100 lbs and I’m not sure if the 2 stroke will be to much power going from a Chinese bike. The terrain I ride in is 60% woods and 40% open clear areas 

The 140g is going to be like the Chinese bike. Softly suspended, linear power with no hit, lots of low speed torque to pull you through. A very good trail bike if you're not in a hurry.
A KX100 is just about the opposite. Very little torque off the bottom, a huge midrange hit, and a screaming top end. Stiff suspension for doing big jumps, great brakes, a motor that needs a lot more maintenance, carb jetting to deal with, and about 50 pounds less. They are an absolute blast to ride if you are aggressive and want to learn good clutch control. Probably not what you want if you enjoy a relaxing day of cruising around riding your bike. Your choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nobade said:

The 140g is going to be like the Chinese bike. Softly suspended, linear power with no hit, lots of low speed torque to pull you through. A very good trail bike if you're not in a hurry.
A KX100 is just about the opposite. Very little torque off the bottom, a huge midrange hit, and a screaming top end. Stiff suspension for doing big jumps, great brakes, a motor that needs a lot more maintenance, carb jetting to deal with, and about 50 pounds less. They are an absolute blast to ride if you are aggressive and want to learn good clutch control. Probably not what you want if you enjoy a relaxing day of cruising around riding your bike. Your choice.

Thank you for the advice. I am more so of an aggressive rider is why my Chinese bike is falling apart and also the fact it’s cheaply made lol. But as long as the KX100 wouldn’t be “to much power” than I would be fine. I like zooming through the trails and what not. I wouldn’t mind also putting in extra work on it. Thanks for the help

• Like 2

It will have a learning curve for sure but you'll figure it out. Have fun!

• Like 1

What these guys said above and I ride a little 140G.  It's an incredible little trail bike that likes to crawl through rough stuff on some of the tight trails we ride.  BUT, it will beat you up if attempting even light weight MX riding.  Son will get it in a year or so when I graduate to another color besides green. 

Good luck in your decision.

Since there was no mention of motocross track riding, IMO a trail bike is much preferred.

More tractable, won't overheat, less maintenance, quiet etc.

Especially if trail ridden near populated areas, 

your Chinese bike may have gone un-noticed but a raspy 2-stroke MX race bike will quickly attract unwanted attention and risk closing your trails.

Edited by mlatour

8 minutes ago, mlatour said:

Since there was no mention of motocross track riding, IMO a trail bike is much preferred.

More tractable, won't overheat, less maintenance, quiet etc.

Especially if trail ridden near populated areas, 

your Chinese bike may have gone un-noticed but a raspy 2-stroke MX race bike will quickly attract unwanted attention and risk closing your trails.

There is no motor cross track but once out of the woods there is a few pits to ride in so it isn’t all just closed woods. Yes I do agree on the noise, I was thinking maybe a fmf exhaust or to by a silencer for the exhaust. The issue I have is I just don’t want the 140 to be like the Chinese bike. I’m looking for something just a little more powerful. But I can’t go to a 250 because I’m only 5’3 and id never fit on one. I’m stuck in the that middle stage lol. Thank you for the advice I will take it into consideration

At 5'3", the 140G (big wheels) would likely be too tall, you'd need the 140L (mid-sized)

Guessing you are a teenager and still growing, perhaps look into a used Honda CRF150F

(the F being the air-cooled trail bike, not the MX race bike)

as an 'in the meantime' bike until you've done growing and, determined what type of bike best suits your needs.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1