Trails Near North Bend WA

Hey everyone, Im new to the forum and just getting back into riding. My GF and I live in North Bend and am hoping to find trails to ride. Ideally we would like to ride out of the garage and head directly to a trailhead and go (yes our bikes will be plated). I know there are a lot of trails near Cle Elem but looking for some stuff closer to home if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Mike

1 hour ago, Kendall993 said:

Hey everyone, Im new to the forum and just getting back into riding. My GF and I live in North Bend and am hoping to find trails to ride. Ideally we would like to ride out of the garage and head directly to a trailhead and go (yes our bikes will be plated). I know there are a lot of trails near Cle Elem but looking for some stuff closer to home if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Mike

Congrats, you might possibly live in the best dirt bike city on planet earth! Yup, head North, South, East...don't matter, great trails every which way you go. If you get the National Geographic Maps for your area, you'll see all the moto trails. You might also check the USFS office right there in Cle Elum for more maps of the area. 

The trails can be difficult, very difficult so make sure to find the easier trails to get your skills up to par. 

1 hour ago, Vsack said:

Ask the guys on Betas riding the middle fork rd.

Ill keep an eye out for them. Thanks

32 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

Congrats, you might possibly live in the best dirt bike city on planet earth! Yup, head North, South, East...don't matter, great trails every which way you go. If you get the National Geographic Maps for your area, you'll see all the moto trails. You might also check the USFS office right there in Cle Elum for more maps of the area. 

The trails can be difficult, very difficult so make sure to find the easier trails to get your skills up to par. 

Thanks for the tips, Ill see about getting a hold of those maps. Ive found a few maps for the Cle Elem area but cant find anything near North Bend. 

6 hours ago, Kendall993 said:

Thanks for the tips, Ill see about getting a hold of those maps. Ive found a few maps for the Cle Elem area but cant find anything near North Bend. 

Unfortunately there are no published, designated  moto trails close enough to NB to just pop out for a quick trail ride. Hence follow the Betas. 

14 hours ago, KaToomTime said:

Unfortunately there are no published, designated  moto trails close enough to NB to just pop out for a quick trail ride. Hence follow the Betas. 

Thanks for the help! Im hoping I can connect with some locals and get info from them. Im sure there has to be some "secret" spots in the area. 

23 hours ago, Vsack said:

Ask the guys on Betas riding the middle fork rd.

Do you happen to be one of those guys on a Beta?

1 hour ago, Kendall993 said:

Thanks for the help! Im hoping I can connect with some locals and get info from them. Im sure there has to be some "secret" spots in the area. 

Do you happen to be one of those guys on a Beta?

No, just seen a couple guys on plated 300’s heading out there a couple different times

20 minutes ago, Vsack said:

No, just seen a couple guys on plated 300’s heading out there a couple different times

Ok thanks. Where are your favorite trails?

basically anywhere east. We used to have some of the most epic singletrack around here in North Bend. All of tiger mtn was singletrack, you could cross under the bridge and go all over tailro mtn and ride to the overlook over North Bend.  Its all been shut down, gated off or taken over my mtn bikers now. So your only option is head east until sometime in October/November then its just Walker or Belfare

22 minutes ago, Vsack said:

basically anywhere east. We used to have some of the most epic singletrack around here in North Bend. All of tiger mtn was singletrack, you could cross under the bridge and go all over tailro mtn and ride to the overlook over North Bend.  Its all been shut down, gated off or taken over my mtn bikers now. So your only option is head east until sometime in October/November then its just Walker or Belfare

or Mattawa / Juniper Dunes... etc.  Mattawa is a great place for newer riders because you can sorta choose your difficultly level from roads/easy sagebrush hills to hill climbs, sand tracks/dunes and super gnar.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KaToomTime said:

or Mattawa / Juniper Dunes... etc.  Mattawa is a great place for newer riders because you can sorta choose your difficultly level from roads/easy sagebrush hills to hill climbs, sand tracks/dunes and super gnar.

Ok thanks. Ive seen some videos of guys out in Mattawa, looks pretty awesome. 

1 hour ago, Vsack said:

Gotta love the mountain bikers! They have taken over NB it feels like. 

• Like 1

The closest actual riding to NB is probably off of exit 38. There is some stuff at the end of North Fork that you can ride too. Middle Fork sucks now, I'm sure some Beta guys found some riding, but that whole area is crawling with hikers and tourists now, so I don't know about all that.

Load the bikes into a truck and head up to Reiter. I don't care what anyone says, that's a fun park with lots of variety and a great place for all skill levels. We just rode for 5 hours there last weekend, did a bunch of jeep trails and some of the old trails up by the radio tower.

Edited by Horgh
  • Like 3

The closest actual riding to NB is probably off of exit 38. There is some stuff at the end of North Fork that you can ride too. Middle Fork sucks now, I'm sure some Beta guys found some riding, but that whole area is crawling with hikers and tourists now, so I don't know about all that.
Load the bikes into a truck and head up to Reiter. I don't care what anyone says, that's a fun park with lots of variety and a great place for all skill levels. We just rode for 5 hours there last weekend, did a bunch of jeep trails and some of the old trails up by the radio tower.
Gotta be plated to ride off 38