Boil over help

What are you thoughts on boil overs, sometimes on real technical stuff our bike s boil over, radiator ice? Or cooling fan kit? Any thoughts or experience with either , thanks

Screenshot_20190830-092753_Facebook.jpg

On that bike,  drain all the coolant tipping the bike back and forth, put the exact book spec back in.  It'll be a little below the fins because ktm has small expansion tanks on the rads.  50/50. 70/30 your call no magic sauce needed.  That will help 90% of those that complain about boiling.  I run a cpu fan and kdx overflow bottle also, but it's rarely required. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CDNSXV said:

$15 computer fan and switch.

More info please : what size of fan , how much airflow CFM  , bearings or sleeve , there are thousands of computer fans out there ?

9 minutes ago, Beta300recat said:

Air cooled? :devil:

Doesn't boil over.  

And just because I ride an air cooled bike doesn't mean I am not familiar with liquid cooled.  My sons both have CRF450Rs that I have spent a fair amount of time on.  I just happen to like the simplicity of air cooled, when I started riding the only liquid cooled bike I can remember was the Suzuki 750 water buffalo.

• Like 1

The ice isn't gonna do anything but cost you extra money. I use Prestone in my bike and in my Toyota Tacoma, it also has an aluminum engine. Get yourself a fan kit, the highest cfm that you can get for that bike. Call your local bike shop.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BOAB said:

I started riding the only liquid cooled bike I can remember was the Suzuki 750 water buffalo.

Had an opportunity to ride one of those. Went down the driveway and turned around. Had a loose head set. 

I learned the hard way on a DS185; never ride a motorcycle that isn't 100%.

You might be running a little lean.  Happens to me all the time.  I usually start with moving the needle clip down a notch.  If that doesn't help use a bigger main jet.  

You might be running a little lean.  Happens to me all the time.  I usually start with moving the needle clip down a notch.  If that doesn't help use a bigger main jet.  

If your on the main jet in technical conditions, your a better rider than me... or anyone for that matter.[emoji846]

• Like 2