Law enforcement in Belfair/Tahuya says...

My new friend Officer Schuster of the DNR says lock your doors, keep valuables out of sight in your cars in staging areas of ORV areas etc. 

Several cars have been recently broken into in the area. 

1 minute ago, Leftdagrid said:

Has always been riddled with Metheads, this is a nice reminder though.

I generally leave something about $50 ish in value in the back of the truck to give them a victory over smashing the windows.. Also, if anyone does steal the token gift, then I'd know. But, never had a broken window or stolen item yet. 

5 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

My new friend Officer Schuster of the DNR says lock your doors, keep valuables out of sight in your cars in staging areas of ORV areas etc. 

Several cars have been recently broken into in the area. 

Not to be a dick and thanks for sharing. But isn't this common sense? I always do this no matter where I go.

4 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

I generally leave something about $50 ish in value in the back of the truck to give them a victory over smashing the windows.. Also, if anyone does steal the token gift, then I'd know. But, never had a broken window or stolen item yet. 

If it's a gift, then it's not stealing.

Next ride leave an adjustable clutch perch, I need a new one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just to re-enforce the original post on this thread...I just read this fresh posting on the Tahuya facebook page:

"WARNING. Road out of Sand Hill staging yesterday and came back to find a truck had two windows broken out and damage to the grill. Not mine but still sucks."

image.thumb.png.cd458be3b0aec8d1a3ae517fa7a10fd3.png

Edited by Vincenthdfan1

8 minutes ago, Vincenthdfan1 said:

Just to re-enforce the original post on this thread...I just read this fresh posting on the Tahuya facebook page:

"WARNING. Road out of Sand Hill staging yesterday and came back to find a truck had two windows broken out and damage to the grill. Not mine but still sucks."

image.thumb.png.cd458be3b0aec8d1a3ae517fa7a10fd3.png

These folks are on a roll. Ain’t stopping until they get busted or shot dead. 

• Like 4

That’s horrible, I started riding at Tahuya this past spring and love the area. Some people really suck; I wish they were taught that if isn’t their property, don’t touch it or mess with it. 

Thinking about leaving something that’s $50 ish value in the bed of the truck (thanks TigerTanker).

The people that do this are like zombies. Brains rotted from drugs. Losing the war on drugs has consequences. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The last time I visited Green Mtn (about 10-12 years ago) the parking lot had warning signs about car vandalism.  🤦

We had the same thing happen a few years ago at the Capitol Forest Rock Candy staging.  My Riding bud will no longer park in that lot so we we drive into the forest to find spots to stage from, or go to a campground w/ a host and register but don't stay the night. 👍

A CF Ranger told me last month that DNR has cameras in the Rock Candy parking lot; I'm familiar with security systems and I couldn't spot any. And visible security systems are a determent.  WTF

I always pack my wallet and cell phone when I ride to make sure those items are not stolen. 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chuck. said:

The last time I visited Green Mtn (about 10-12 years ago) the parking lot had warning signs about car vandalism.  🤦

We had the same thing happen a few years ago at the Capitol Forest Rock Candy staging.  My Riding bud will no longer park in that lot so we we drive into the forest to find spots to stage from, or go to a campground w/ a host and register but don't stay the night. 👍

A CF Ranger told me last month that DNR has cameras in the Rock Candy parking lot; I'm familiar with security systems and I couldn't spot any. And visible security systems are a determent.  WTF

I always pack my wallet and cell phone when I ride to make sure those items are not stolen. 👍

I wonder if the camera claims are bogus. 

19 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

Maybe trail cams (the kind hunters and biologists use) hidden up in the trees... but most of those use a motion detector trigger so... maybe not?!

8 hours ago, NWBoon said:

That’s horrible, I started riding at Tahuya this past spring and love the area. Some people really suck; I wish they were taught that if isn’t their property, don’t touch it or mess with it. 

Thinking about leaving something that’s $50 ish value in the bed of the truck (thanks TigerTanker).

I know loggers that NEVER lock their vehicles in the woods just so thieves won't have to break in but that will not stop vandalism. Some people are just  A$$H@LES!

Edited by 00boob
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

3 minutes ago, 00boob said:

Maybe trail cams (the kind hunters and biologists use) hidden up in the trees... but most of those use a motion detector trigger so... maybe not?!

Good points but I know how to spot trail cams, I have spotted them in logging areas that were there to spot thieves and vandals.

Rock Candy has no power so normal security cameras won't work, and trail cams are not small enough to avoid detection with a sharp eye in a large open parking lot. Not saying that a trail cam was not on the road to the parking lot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chuck. said:

Good points but I know how to spot trail cams, I have spotted them in logging areas that were there to spot thieves and vandals.

Rock Candy has no power so normal security cameras won't work, and trail cams are not small enough to avoid detection with a sharp eye in a large open parking lot. Not saying that a trail cam was not on the road to the parking lot.

Also possible that there WAS a trail cam, that has since been retrieved or collected.

All of these theft issues are caused by local meth heads looking for easy safe targets, and rural parking lots with good car access where the people leave the area for hours are prime targets. Bremerton and Olympia have an abundance of meth heads looking for easy targets. The vandalism cause so much inconvenience and expense to the victims that we just bypass the staging areas and go further into the forest so we are "less easy" targets.

DNR is so obsessed with enforcing Discover Pass that they miss the big issue to users involving car vandalism and burglary.

Edited by Chuck.
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, dyrtmon said:

Take all wallet's contents, keys etc with you when you leave the truck.

Tool box, ramp, clothes, tie downs, fuel jug...

• Like 1