Best titanium valve choice

Hello first post on here hopefully this question will be useful to others.

Time for new valves on my 2017 yz250f, after shimming the intakes I was only able to get roughly 8-10 hours out them before they zeroed out again leading me to the conclusion the intakes are shot. I've done a bit of research on SS vs Ti and will stick with titanium valves. I'll be buying all my parts online and do all my own work except for having the seats cut. Here's the nitty gritty

Kibblewhite titanium intakes, Pro-x, delwest or Wiseco or any other suggestions?

I've found reputable sellers on ebay that I trust for most of my parts the pro-x are around 40$ each and the kibblewhites are about 60$ to 70$ each, delwest were 80$ each while the wiseco were 100$ each any suggestions based on price and quality which will be best through experience? I know pro-x is made in the same factory as oem so they can't be that bad?

20190706_170006.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, michael weir said:

Time for new valves on my 2017 yz250f, after shimming the intakes I was only able to get roughly 8-10 hours out them before they zeroed out again leading me to the conclusion the intakes are shot. I've done a bit of research on SS vs Ti and will stick with titanium valves. I'll be buying all my parts online and do all my own work except for having the seats cut. Here's the nitty gritty

Kibblewhite titanium intakes, Pro-x, delwest or Wiseco or any other suggestions?

I've found reputable sellers on ebay that I trust for most of my parts the pro-x are around 40$ each and the kibblewhites are about 60$ to 70$ each, delwest were 80$ each while the wiseco were 100$ each any suggestions based on price and quality which will be best through experience? I know pro-x is made in the same factory as oem so they can't be that bad?

OEM

Edited by indy rider
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Bricktop72 said:

OEM. 

I suspect your air filter maintenance is lacking, or the sealing surface was not good. These bikes should go 400 hours without head work. 

I do a completely new air filter every two or three rides not much dust or fine dirt in the pnw plus I'm always riding in front but I did notice a good amount of dirt laying in the bottom of the airbox I got the bike with 20 hours on it and the guy only changed it twice before that I also do oil every 2 or 3 rides with basic yamalube but I agree the air filter would have caused most of the damage to the valves especially considering it's only my intakes.

7 hours ago, Vintage Not Pimpage said:

The whole pro-x is made in the same factory is a bit of a wives tale. They have many different suppliers. I have used their parts before and they have been noticeably different to OEM. 

How many hours did you get out of the valves ?

The dealer I buy the pro-x valves from said they're made in the same factory as well as another forum on here was discussing how there's a main parent company that makes the valves then brand them under pro-x and a few other names but of course they didn't provide any good evidence to that claim or where they found that info so word of mouth?

Total time out of the valves were 51 hours before they really turned to trash with another 8 hours out of the first set of shims and another 2 hours after one more shimming but I bought the bike from a guy who raced it in Vancouver so I assume he was hitting the rev limiter more often then I ever would.

My real purpose on here is to find the next best step for valves!

• 3 weeks later...

Del West supplies valves to FIA Formula 1 teams.....They are used in many OEM automotive engines like the C6 Corvette ZR1 and Z06 motors. They are world leaders in titanium R&D. Their offerings have been used in NASCAR, Winning LeMans racecars. I don’t think you can question their reputation....what’s a failed valve going to cost??? 

20190706_170006.thumb.jpg.fa991ec7b8f5bc709a90949208ec0840.jpg

Sick bike !!