How to make a 2019 exc look new again ???

My 2019 exc 250 is suffering from its 280 hours. Radiators have black spots, triple clamps aswell and my spokes are greyish. Any idea how to generelly freshen up the bike? I use degreaser, soap, and pressure washer. But its just not really doing the trick. Orange plastics is when it was new and white is now, I try to take good care of it. Wash after every ride etc, but it’s just not doing the trick ? also. How do you keep the engine clean? Also has some black spots on it

D9B3560D-DB62-46AB-9000-1A15865F2D91.jpeg

38E7AEEF-506F-49C9-A5A0-9397C179267C.jpeg

0677DE6F-164E-4534-8F7C-5CBA20887E30.jpeg

C04199EC-3A7D-498A-A1A3-BEBBF8F7BEC9.jpeg

4D0356E9-44E4-4D50-9EBA-1D08672233BD.jpeg

97254E21-3CD5-4A87-8722-71BF6047B660.jpeg

93B69241-D29C-4EF4-9BA4-0937C5F863D7.jpeg

Generally ALL of the metal has gotten really dark, and its getting on my nerves. It was ridden on a salty road ONCE, but after that I washed it and scrubbed it

1 hour ago, wex said:

Generally ALL of the metal has gotten really dark, and its getting on my nerves. It was ridden on a salty road ONCE, but after that I washed it and scrubbed it

Try some SOS pads on the alloy/metal parts. Get good quality ones.

Prick of a job. But I use SOS pads on spokes to keep them shiny 

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wex said:

What part of Dirt Bike don't you understand? Kom Igen Nu Da for Fan!!!!

Edited by TigerTanker
  • Confused 1

I have 6 weeks on this bike and it's totally trashed... I have scratched and torn everything on it. 

I respect my bike, when I'm done riding I pressure wash and lubricate. But she has battle scars from true gnar, battle, carnage...VIKINGAR!!!

• Helpful 1

Just now, TigerTanker said:

I have 6 weeks on this bike and it's totally trashed... I have scratched and torn everything on it. 

I respect my bike, when I'm done riding I pressure wash and lubricate. But she has battle scars from true gnar, battle, carnage...VIKINGAR!!!

Have fun selling it, or refreshing it before you try.

Road bike. Dirt bike. Whatever. I do my absolute best to keep them looking like new. I need as much money for them as possible, to go towards the next bike.

• Like 1

Anyone found any drain holes on the Ktm frames?    

Anyway, the op's bike looks clean enough, but could use some tires

As far as the plastics go you can use oven cleaner and a sponge to really get them clean. Then use any number of plastic polish products to shine it back up. The yellow can Easy Off has lye in it and is the most powerful BUT you have to be more careful with it as it is pretty caustic (blue can is considerably less caustic). Let it set for about 5 min (in a well ventilated area - super important - this stuff will really work your nose and eyes) then rub down with a wet sponge and rinse really well. 

For the frame you can use wheel cleaner. These are acidic products so again be careful. Only put it on the aluminum and don't let it get to any seals or hoses. Follow directions to the T. If you can find a brand that contains sulfuric acid that works best and will shine that aluminum right up (warning - if you leave it on too long it will permanently turn the metal black). When you rinse off really wash it down to get all the acid and oven cleaner off and to make sure any rinse that gets to the seals and such is diluted. 

Or - You can use Alco Dirt Bike and ATV Cleaner. It works really, is super easy (spray on - hose off) and is safer than said methods above. 

SOS pads do a good job on plastics, but will take the shine off them as well.

SOS pads are  the best for alloy frames. This frame is a 2012, plus came over to Aus in a container. 5 minutes with an SOS pad. (EDIT: Sorry, forgot you have a KTM).

I wash my bike with a cheap electric pressure washer, hot soapy water, brush from a household dust pan set, and SOS pads, that's it. That's all you need.  When anyone around here sells a bike they bring it to me to clean up first. Above is all I use to do the job.  No chemicals etc

Always blow the radiators out from the rear of them with water before spraying water into the front of them. Or, you just push the dirt and crap into the radiator

If you have black rims. Thick black marker pen to do the rims, put the marker on the rim, spin the wheel.

Finger nail brush with soapy water for coloured gripper seat covers. and coloured hand grips.

I use SOS pads on my graphics as well. Does take the shine off them, but at least they're clean. Wipe a bit of multi purpose CRC on them if you want some shine.

When your hands are wet and soft, cleaning wheel hubs sucks, can take a chunk of skin off on the brake rotor or chain. Use a toilet brush with a long handle..

000_0435_zpsnvwdzfxb.jpg

IMG_0444.JPG

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Like 1

Yeesh, oven cleaner with lye, acidic cleaners, SOS pads. You guys washing your bike or cleaning up a crime scene?

• Haha 4

Brake cleaner on a rag then rinse off with water after will get rid of those pesky stains normal soap + pressure washer won't get out.