Jump to content

Oil & premix for ‘18 KTM 150xc-w

Recommended Posts

What is everyone using for motor oil? What premix, as well as what you’re mixing at? I’ve been following KTM’s suggestions up until now.

 

Thanks in advance!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mix at KTM rec, unless you plan to re-jet. 

 

I use Bel Ray in the trans, And Amsoil for pre mix, but there are a ton of good oils out there. 

 

If it’s working well as is, then why change?

Edited by Poldies
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand why people think they know better than the manuals recommendation. I use motorex 60:1 in my wife’s 19, along with 4t gear oil. It runs awesome. 

Edited by StreetDoctor
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m happy with the way mine runs with motorex so far, but if there’s an oil that helps get it in neutral then I’d be really happy! lol.. 

Edited by Clayman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2019 at 9:42 PM, StreetDoctor said:

I don’t understand why people think they know better than the manuals recommendation. I use motorex 60:1 in my wife’s 19, along with 4t gear oil. It runs awesome. 

Yes... I also follow manual, and mine is Great (2019 xcw 150)!!!! 40hs so far ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This ??. If 60:1 been working for you then stick with the ktm oil. All depends on how bike's rode

 60:1 wont last long for a fast mx racer 

20190928_125305.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Motox367 said:

This ??. If 60:1 been working for you then stick with the ktm oil. All depends on how bike's rode

 60:1 wont last long for a fast mx racer 

20190928_125305.jpg

I dunno anyone fast racing mx on an xcw 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StreetDoctor said:

I dunno anyone fast racing mx on an xcw 😉 

Exactly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently started using that maxima castor 927 oil and I HATE the smell. Smells like nitromethane exhaust when I used to tinker with rc nitro cars. Used maxima super m forever with good results. 50:1

 

 

  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cdf450 said:

I recently started using that maxima castor 927 oil and I HATE the smell. Smells like nitromethane exhaust when I used to tinker with rc nitro cars. Used maxima super m forever with good results. 50:1

 

 

You're the first one ever thay doesn't like it lol . Its much better with race feul than pump gas. SuperM good stuff ????

  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah I really dont and ive only burnt one tank with it.  ive heard how awesome it smells but its straight up annoying for me to the point where I dont know if id buy it again.  crazy, I know.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, cdf450 said:

yeah I really dont and ive only burnt one tank with it.  ive heard how awesome it smells but its straight up annoying for me to the point where I dont know if id buy it again.  crazy, I know.

it's an acquired scent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...