Sunday Ride 9/29/19

Myself and @Gixxerkid3 are planning on a ride leaving the lot by 1pm. Will probably warm up for 20mins or so on Jam then are a planning on:  pats (up) , around the sound, twisted tree, Centennial (down), webers Wanderings , short timers, toolers. Break and then go from there. Anyone in the club is welcome to join, we will be riding 2t's. 

• Like 1

Bummer, was hoping to meet ya. Maybe next time and hopefully that's soon. You and@Gixxerkid3 are Boeing guys, maybe you know each other and can take off a weekday and shut the plant down haha

Damn, I have plans to ride Whidbey Island MX Sunday otherwise I'd be there. Hope to make it out to a ride with y'all soon.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, PNWoods said:

Bummer, was hoping to meet ya. Maybe next time and hopefully that's soon. You and@Gixxerkid3 are Boeing guys, maybe you know each other and can take off a weekday and shut the plant down haha

Maybe around Christmas when those guys get the end of the year off. :D

6 hours ago, JohnHolder76 said:

Damn, I have plans to ride Whidbey Island MX Sunday otherwise I'd be there. Hope to make it out to a ride with y'all soon.

Sounds like a blast, but I'm warning you ahead of time; PNWoods is another one of those guys with an incredible amount of natural talent. :ride:

1 hour ago, PNWoods said:

Oh I'm sure that place won't miss us and vice versa ?

1 hour ago, Beta300recat said:

Maybe around Christmas when those guys get the end of the year off. :D

Sounds like a blast, but I'm warning you ahead of time; PNWoods is another one of those guys with an incredible amount of natural talent. :ride:

As we enter the rainy season less tracks will be open and I'll have more time for trail riding. :cheers:

Awesome! The best way to get better is riding with people above your skill level so bring it on!

• Like 1

Walker Valley SMC Trail. That odd couple with the rifle and dog is at the 11:00 min mark. Not sure wth they were doing back there, very strange place to hike, odd weaponry for ORV protection...

Also all my vids are shot in 1080p, I think YouTube throttles my vids until I get enough views as it takes forever for 1080 to load. Bummer

https://youtu.be/40gM0zrrk4A

Edited by PNWoods
  • Like 1

Some takeaways from yesterday's ride. 

1. Stay in physical shape between rides!!! 

2. Currants Pass is not listed on the DNR maps for a reason! According to post, and some vids I found online, it's one of the gnarliest walker has to offer. I would have to agree, we got through about 1/4 of that trail, it only gets worse after that rock. 

3. When your front fender submerge underwater, you probably should've avoided that puddle. Lol

4. You may encounter strange people in the wild and some very healthy looking black tail deer. 

Edited by PNWoods
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PNWoods said:

Walker Valley SMC Trail. That odd couple with the rifle and dog is at the 11:00 min mark. Not sure wth they were doing back there, very strange place to hike, odd weaponry for ORV protection...

Also all my vids are shot in 1080p, I think YouTube throttles my vids until I get enough views as it takes forever for 1080 to load. Bummer

https://youtu.be/40gM0zrrk4A

Yeah, the couple walking with the gun sort of Scares me. 

37 minutes ago, Gixxerkid3 said:

Yeah, the couple walking with the gun sort of Scares me. 

They had a golden retriever, there's nothing scary about that lol. 

On another note I was telling John that there are a small gem/giode community that frequents walker. Maybe that's what they were doing, I can't see any other reason to be that far into the sticks. 

Edited by PNWoods

20 hours ago, PNWoods said:

Some takeaways from yesterday's ride. 

1. Stay in physical shape between rides!!! 

2. Currants Pass is not listed on the DNR maps for a reason! According to post, and some vids I found online, it's one of the gnarliest walker has to offer. I would have to agree, we got through about 1/4 of that trail, it only gets worse after that rock. 

3. When your front fender submerge underwater, you probably should've avoided that puddle. Lol

4. You may encounter strange people in the wild and some very healthy looking black tail deer. 

Great videos, thanks for posting them! If you have some down time between rides you could really benefit from rejetting your carb to reduce the likelihood of fouling plugs and would definitely be the cheapest performance modification. 

Stock jetting: 

Pilot jet - 60

Main jet - 340

If it blubbers it's rich, if it bogs it's lean. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnHolder76 said:

Great videos, thanks for posting them! If you have some down time between rides you could really benefit from rejetting your carb to reduce the likelihood of fouling plugs and would definitely be the cheapest performance modification. 

Stock jetting: 

Pilot jet - 60

Main jet - 340

If it blubbers it's rich, if it bogs it's lean. 

Thanks, yeah I was just telling gixxer kid the only thing left for me to do is to reject as I've maxed out my lean setting (2 out on af, and 2nd from top clip on needle). 

Any recommendations on where I should order the jets from? 

22 minutes ago, PNWoods said:

Thanks, yeah I was just telling gixxer kid the only thing left for me to do is to reject as I've maxed out my lean setting (2 out on af, and 2nd from top clip on needle). 

Any recommendations on where I should order the jets from? 

I was struggling to find aftermarket jets for the older Mikuni carb found on that bike but you can get them through the OEM parts section. I usually go through Rocky Mountain for my stuff. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-schematic/19 

I've heard good things about this site and looks easy to use and secure. https://www.jetsrus.com/a_jet_kit_dirt/yamaha_250_YZ250_1989-1995.html 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, JohnHolder76 said:

Looks like a 1995 based off the color unless someone painted/powder coated it sometime along its life. Have you run the VIN?

Looks like you have your work cut out for you!  

John you know your stuff! It is a 95, I must've hit (6) by accident. Yes Vin is clear and title in hand. @Beta300recatcan we start a general or project thread within the club? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PNWoods said:

John you know your stuff! It is a 95, I must've hit (6) by accident. Yes Vin is clear and title in hand. @Beta300recatcan we start a general or project thread within the club? 

YES, GREAT IDEA!

I'm a little behind in creating topics. Supplements is up; next I will do machines but maybe some sub divisions? Nutrition is overdue too.

Ok, PNW, it's done!

Edited by Beta300recat
  • Like 1