Rekluse z start pro - go no-go adjustment

I have a new to me 06 300 xcw with the z start pro clutch. The clutch does not disengage at idle and will stall the bike going from neutral to first unless you get on the gas immediately. It has the medium wave spring and 27 steel balls. I went to check clearance with the gauges but they weren't even close to being able to fit. The instructions are not really clear on whether there is a minimum gap required, just if there is too big of one. Looking for recommendations on what to check next or changes to make.

Side note - It does have the LHRB kit with the short clear slave cylinder hose (no manual clutch). I believe it is supposed to have 3" of fluid in it but doesn't. Will this create the problem I am having?

Posted this first in the KTM 2 stroke section but didn't get much traffic. Maybe I can get more responses here???

14 minutes ago, rratsbor said:

I have a new to me 06 300 xcw with the z start pro clutch. The clutch does not disengage at idle and will stall the bike going from neutral to first unless you get on the gas immediately. It has the medium wave spring and 27 steel balls. I went to check clearance with the gauges but they weren't even close to being able to fit. The instructions are not really clear on whether there is a minimum gap required, just if there is too big of one. Looking for recommendations on what to check next or changes to make.

Side note - It does have the LHRB kit with the short clear slave cylinder hose (no manual clutch). I believe it is supposed to have 3" of fluid in it but doesn't. Will this create the problem I am having?

Posted this first in the KTM 2 stroke section but didn't get much traffic. Maybe I can get more responses here???

Sounds like a Rekluse setup Issue to me. I had a Z-start pro yrs ago. I ended up using the Tungsten (sp?) ball bearings.

5 hours ago, Drop-Bear said:

Sounds like a Rekluse setup Issue to me. I had a Z-start pro yrs ago. I ended up using the Tungsten (sp?) ball bearings.

IMO the Z start was excellent. The LHRB should have zero effect on the performance of the clutch. 

Does your bike still have a clutch lever? I've always kept my clutch lever, and (if you still have it) make sure it's properly bled, as that will make a big difference. KTMs when cold in the morning (as far as Rekluse clutches go) don't like to shift from neutral to first gear. Once everything warms up a different story for the better. This has been my experience for ALL rekluses as I've had them all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dyrtmon said:

IMO the Z start was excellent. The LHRB should have zero effect on the performance of the clutch. 

Does your bike still have a clutch lever? I've always kept my clutch lever, and (if you still have it) make sure it's properly bled, as that will make a big difference. KTMs when cold in the morning (as far as Rekluse clutches go) don't like to shift from neutral to first gear. Once everything warms up a different story for the better. This has been my experience for ALL rekluses as I've had them all.

It does not have the clutch lever, it was converted to the lhrb. Rekluse sells a block off kit for the stock slave that is basically just a short piece of clear hose with a banjo fitting. From what I have read, you are supposed to keep three inches of fluid in it or the clutch can act funny. Not sure what that means, but it currently does not have that much fluid in it. Will be adding that fluid and playing with it a little more this weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rratsbor said:

It does not have the clutch lever, it was converted to the lhrb. Rekluse sells a block off kit for the stock slave that is basically just a short piece of clear hose with a banjo fitting. From what I have read, you are supposed to keep three inches of fluid in it or the clutch can act funny. Not sure what that means, but it currently does not have that much fluid in it. Will be adding that fluid and playing with it a little more this weekend.

I kept my clutch lever mainly for shifting from neutral to first (or second) first thing in the morning, helps reduce the CLUNK that occurs with Rekluse clutches when the engine is cold. I made a perch that the clutch lever is mounted on below the LHRB.