Headlight AC to DC w regulator

I bought two 2” 12vdc 12 watt led pods for a total of 24w~2A. I plan on wiring the headlights AC source into a spare stock voltage regulator that I have and utilizing its DC too power the led pods. Any one see why this want work?

I put an led headlight unit on my 450x , had to run it through a relay that was switch via the 12v ac headlamp feed as the light flickered off at low revs . worked well

I’ll see how the lights do running directly off of the voltage regulator and if the flickering is too annoying then I’ll probably try adding a tiny 12V 2.5amp/hr battery behind the numberplate. That should eliminate any flickering with a constant battery voltage source and I believe the stator puts out enough too will run the led’s and still charge the tiny battery while riding.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 1:17 PM, Gasman5.0 said:

I’ll see how the lights do running directly off of the voltage regulator and if the flickering is too annoying then I’ll probably try adding a tiny 12V 2.5amp/hr battery behind the numberplate. That should eliminate any flickering with a constant battery voltage source and I believe the stator puts out enough too will run the led’s and still charge the tiny battery while riding.

Get a small/cheap ($10) ebay rectifier & a capacitor & it won't flicker.