YZ250 Shift cam correct?

Hi guys,

Finishing up a build on a 2004 YZ250, just wanted to double check that the shift cam is in the correct position? With the pin on the end of the cam facing up? 

Some people have said that the pin needs to be facing down and I’ve seen pics of other people’s transmissions which they said worked fine, and the pin is facing up (like mine in the pic below)

Ive added a pic below,

Thanks in advance guys!

2Xji2.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Marsh rat said:

Screenshot_20190927-095213_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks for the reply bud, I have looked at various parts diagrams but none of them seem to give a clear image whether the pin is up or down? 

The pin goes in a notch on the segment, so it depends on what side of the case the segment in on. It will be very hard to line it up the way it is if you are mating the cases like it sits

3 minutes ago, Marsh rat said:

The pin goes in a notch on the segment, so it depends on what side of the case the segment in on. It will be very hard to line it up the way it is if you are mating the cases like it sits

Thanks again for the reply mate, I know that the  pin goes into a notch on the shift pawl mechanism.

Was just wondering whether the pin needs to be facing up for facing down. It can be assembled both ways. Some people say down, some people say up. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, decwright91 said:

Thanks again for the reply mate, I know that the  pin goes into a notch on the shift pawl mechanism.

Was just wondering whether the pin needs to be facing up for facing down. It can be assembled both ways. Some people say down, some people say up. 

Thanks

Does not matter if pin is up or down, only matters it is in the right side case.

Edited by 2SYZDOC
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2SYZDOC said:

Does not matter if pin is up or down, only matters it is in the right side case.

That’s great, thanks for clearing that up for me bud.

So I’m good to go with the way I’ve currently got it assembled? 🙂

No, you have it in the left side case. You need to engage the pin on the shift cam with the notch on the segment before you mate the cases

• Confused 1